Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Waverly Indigo Blythe

What do you think?
    1. Potential nicknames Wynne or Indie. Too much of a stretch?
    2. Does it sound beachy/ocean-y?
    3. Too "out there"? I normally don't worry about this, but all thre names are less than common.
    4. Flow okay?

Help much appreciated. I hate to be a bother, but I really like to have all my ducks in a row when it comes to my name list.
    ~Larissa

~ Giving up Nameberry for Lent; See you on the 14th of April! ~

I really like it! To answer your questions:

1. Wynne feels like a bit of a stretch, but Indie doesn't. Then again plenty of people have nicknames that aren't obviously related to their names, and I like that Wynne has such a positive feel.
    2. Not until you pointed it out But even then it's pretty faint. It has a slight more "hippy" feel than beachy to me, but I often think that with Indigo. And it's not a bad thing.
    3. No, it's a great combination of preppy surname, hippy-ish nature name and vintage beauty. When I saw the heading I thought it was a birth announcement - not sure if that makes sense, guess I'm just saying it sounds like a great "finished" name
    4. I see no problems with the flow, but that could change depending on your surname (I just assumed Indigo and Blythe are both middles).

Quote Originally Posted by bluejuniper View Post
    I really like it! To answer your questions:

1. Wynne feels like a bit of a stretch, but Indie doesn't. Then again plenty of people have nicknames that aren't obviously related to their names, and I like that Wynne has such a positive feel.
    2. Not until you pointed it out But even then it's pretty faint. It has a slight more "hippy" feel than beachy to me, but I often think that with Indigo. And it's not a bad thing.
    3. No, it's a great combination of preppy surname, hippy-ish nature name and vintage beauty. When I saw the heading I thought it was a birth announcement - not sure if that makes sense, guess I'm just saying it sounds like a great "finished" name
    4. I see no problems with the flow, but that could change depending on your surname (I just assumed Indigo and Blythe are both middles).
    Thanks! Happy to hear some positive feedback. I'll make sure to check out your blog!
    ~Larissa

~ Giving up Nameberry for Lent; See you on the 14th of April! ~

I LOVE the name combo, but I am not that good with flow of a name. I am one of those people that have to ask how a name combo sounds.
    It does sound beachy now that you mention it but it is not an overt association. I like Indie as a nickname.

Hi! My name is Waverly, and I love my name. But my middle name is a pretty common middle name but it's a family name, so I can't really comment on the other.
    1. Wynne and Indie both feel like stretches, you're not calling her Indigo so why Indie? But Wynne is so positive, it could work. It reminds me of Win - Winnie. My nn is Wave (to my school friends) or Ellie (it's like erly, but take out the r - to my camp friends). Personally, I like my nns and I like how unique and different they both feel.
    2. I've always thought of Waverly as water related, so yes. And Indigo and Blythe totally help with that nature feel. But I like it.
    3. I like the name, I'm a bit biased though.
    4. I think it works (I'm not great with flow), would Waverly Blythe Indigo work better since waverly and indigo are both 3 syllables? But you have to say it with your LN because Waverly Indigo Blythe sounds like a complete name, but if you threw in ex. Smith, then it doesn't work because Blythe ends in the th sound and so does Smith and they are both 1 syllable, so Waverly Blythe Indigo Smith is better.