Names Searched Right Now:
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    I was born in December. Two days before Christmas, actually!

I've never had a problem with where my birthday falls. My birthday is Dec. 23rd, (Christmas Eve, Eve!) which I love, honestly. Never have I been '"jipped" out of a Christmas or birthday gift because they are so close. It may just be my family, but you shouldn't have a problem with that if you choose to have your child born in December. I love the spirit that my town and a lot of the world has with the Christmas season, and having my birthday fall in that time is fun.

One of my best friends has a birthday in between Christmas and New Years. I think her only complaint is that it has rained on her birthday every year. Other than that, there is the fact that it is Winter Break, so she can't celebrate at school, but if she has something planned, we meet up anyway.

Also, I have nephews that are born right after Christmas. They're brothers, and 5 years apart, but their mom makes it a point to celebrate their birthdays in some way other than Christmas. And I've never heard a complaint.

I've never heard of the half birthday being celebrated for Christmas babies, that's cute
    Sari, high school senior.

The enchanting little witches & wizards: Under Construction and Pending.

I think if it takes you awhile to get pregnant you might regret skipping a month because of a possibly undesirable birthday.
    Mother to: Patrick Werner (3/10) and Mary Claire (06/12)

I have a Christmas day baby...Though she was born Christmas just been. But in the future we have decided to have a party mid year for her and a cake. (Plus gifts). She will know her bday is on Christmas but so she gets her OWN day too.
    current favorite names:

Hugo/Zac/Eero/Reeve/Rafferty/Evander/Otto/Ralph/Otis/Rupert

Hattie/Reeva/Matilda/Winnie/Priya/Lola/Indigo/Thea/Mela

I haven't read all the responses. But I wanted to share that my daughter loves her December 31st birthday. Over the years she's definitely had more family in town over her birthday since people tend to be on vacation around the holidays. (We affectionately called her our little tax deduction baby). Also my friend had her son on Christmas day and he wasn't due until the end of January.

And personally coming off back-to-back miscarriages I also want to mention that conceiving and carrying a healthy baby to term isn't something that necessarily can be planned.
    Mom to Paul, Clare, Mark, Katharine, James, and Andrew
    Future girl: Grace Elizabeth
    Future boy: Peter, Thomas, or Isaac