Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Christmas time birth- should it be avoided if possible?

Ok, so I am a super planner and like many people who are excited about getting pregnant and having a little one, I have planned out almost every possible scenario in my head about when we are going to start ttc and what month that will give us for a birthday.
    Now, I have been thinking that I don't want to have a baby in December to avoid the Christmas time rush. And also, one of my roommates in college was born in late December and she absolutely hated it. She complained every year that no one ever acknowledged her birthday and it not only ruined her birthday, but Christmas too. And she even said she "hated" her mom for planning on having her in December (yes, she was a drama queen). But still, I think she had a valid point. I know I wouldn't really want my birthday clumped together with Christmas.

So my question to all you berries out there is: If I am able to have any control whatsoever (which I will a little bit because I will have to go off my birth control pills before ttc), do you think I should avoid getting pregnant in April, which would give me a December birthday?

Does anyone have experience with a child with a December birthday? How does your child/someone you know feel about it? Is it a pain in the butt as a parent?

Just trying to think of all the possible options before ttc..and this was something that I thought of. Just want to see what other people's experiences are.

Thanks!!

My daughter and I are both early January. Obviously my birthday wasn't so awful that I went out of my way to avoid giving my daughter almost the same one. She was planned, but I didn't give much thought to when her bday would fall. I think as long as you go out of your way to make the birthdays special your child will be fine with it. Unless she's just looking for reasons to hate her parents!

I do wish she were a summer baby for the fun (and cheaper) outdoor parties, but the slip side of it is that I didn't have to waddle around in the heat at 9 months pregnant: Pregnant in April means you will just barely have popped a belly once it's beach season, you will be obviously pregnant but still comfortable enough to have fun in costume on Halloween, you will be able to use your pregnancy as an excuse not to travel during the holidays & once baby is here you won't mind being trapped indoors. You can even use the weather or flu season as an excuse to put off guests in those first few weeks. So for selfish reasons, April is a great time to get pregnant

My daughter and I are both early January. Obviously my birthday wasn't so awful that I went out of my way to avoid giving my daughter almost the same one. She was planned, but I didn't give much thought to when her bday would fall. I think as long as you go out of your way to make the birthdays special your child will be fine with it. Unless she's just looking for reasons to hate her parents!

I do wish she were a summer baby for the fun (and cheaper) outdoor parties, but the slip side of it is that I didn't have to waddle around in the heat at 9 months pregnant: Pregnant in April means you will just barely have popped a belly once it's beach season, you will be obviously pregnant but still comfortable enough to have fun in costume on Halloween, you will be able to use your pregnancy as an excuse not to travel during the holidays & once baby is here you won't mind being trapped indoors. You can even use the weather or flu season as an excuse to put off guests in those first few weeks. So for selfish reasons, April is a great time to get pregnant

My best friend was born on Christmas and although it does kinda suck because she doesn't get as much attention on her birthday, it's still a cool fact about her. Usually she'll get a couple extra presents from family members and we all (as in her friends) celebrate her birthday before hand. I remember it was annoying during high school though cause at our school your friends would come in early on the morning of your birthday and decorate your locker and she never got that cause we were always gone on break :/

all in all, I think you should just ttc whenever feels right and let the pieces fall where they may.
    My Favorites:

Colette Kristine. Alice Evanna. Gemma Elizabeth. Mabel Verity. Rosalie Grace.

Jack Jeffrey. Carson Luke. Felix James. Leo Patrick. River Justin.

can't wait to marry my love!

My husbands birthday is in the middle of December, he often shares stories of missing out on birthday gifts and waiting an extra week until Christmas. If you're intent on planning your pregnancy this way, you may as we'll try not to get pregnant in April!
    Eliza Audrey | Freya Madeleine | Nora Evelyn | Amalia Hazel | Ada Marlowe
    ------------------------------------------
    Ronan Seth | Owen Everett | Ewan Alexander | Leo Benjamin | Eamon Reid