Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I think its definitely useable.

This is one that flips back and forth for me as a legit option or just guilty pleasure, so here's my own reasons...

Pros:
    its a real name,
    a long history of use on girls,
    i like the connection to the moon/protector of women aspect of the mythology,
    its both familiar and unusual at the same time.

Cons (these may not apply to you):
    I'm Christian so it might be weird to use a mythology name...to me, mythology is just literature, but i know that to others its their religion and i don't want to offend someone with that choice.
    I can't shake the "anime" feel the name has (which i found by searching people named Artemis on Facebook); i think amine is weird, so its not an association i want.
    I would definitely end up nicknaming her Artie-Farty and that's just mean, but i know myself enough to know i couldn't resist the rhyme.

For me, the cons outweigh the pros, but i still adore this name. I would love to meet a little girl named Artemis!
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Artemis and the gang are completely usable. They would make quirky middle name choices that would spice up more traditional first names.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

It is very usable! I wish it was used more often. To me, Artemis is a girl, while Artemas is all boy.

Catherine, Margot, Elsa & Henry, Felix, Cato

Quote Originally Posted by caitypete View Post
    All I think of is It's Always Sunny in Philedelphia - however, that's a stretch reference for most I'm guessing
    I love it as a quirky middle
    I love love Artemis and think it is definitely useable...but we are big Always Sunny fans and that's kills it as a name for us. She is such a ridiculous character. I do have a Charlie though already so maybe I should get a theme going.