Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Associations with the name Blythe

My husband and I have had a heck of a time naming our little girl to be who should be joining us within weeks. We've both come to think of the baby as Blythe Marie, but neither of us are completely convinced. We recognize that we have very fond associations with the name Blythe because we have an amazing and dear friend with that name. We also like that it has associations with happiness, as does our son's name, Asher. That said, I also know that our families will have a tough time with it and that we'll probably get some other negative feedback. I'm looking for feedback from the nameberry community to get a sense of whether it's a name that we only like due to the positive associations and that everyone else thinks is weird, or whether we should go for it! Please tell me your reactions and associations with the name Blythe, good or bad. Thank you all!
    Last edited by seababynamer; April 19th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.

I like Blythe even though it's not my style at all. I think it's versatile (I can imagine a tomboy and a little ballerina) and the meaning is beautiful. Some people might associate it with the doll, but I honestly don't think it's a big problem.
    polina ∙ 19 ∙ art history major ∙ web developer
    french/russian/swedish ∙ living in st. petersburg, russia

clementineastridsidoniaottoline
    felixsebastianmiloatticus

in the silence of your bones and eyes
    forgotten magic sits and waits for fire

I don't think its a weird name at all - it's a timeless, pretty name. If you love it then use it, and don't worry too much about what other people think.
    Tasha. 21. Brit. Name Geek.

It's a gorgeous name, go for it. My younger sister went to school with a girl called Blythe and she was very shy but yet so sweet.

Eryn.
    18-year-old media student with a love for baby names and journalism.

ElijahJudeCharlieReubenLuca
    LilyFreyaIsabellaAnnaScarlett

It reminds me a bit of scythe... the cutting tool.
    Ladies: Aida, Thalia, Fenella/Finola, Lyra
    (I love the long I sound)
    Gents: Leander (Lee), Will, Crispin, Howard (Howie), Roger, Cormac (Corey or Mac)