Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clio?

Hybrid View

Clio?

How hard do you think it would be for people to understand that Clio is said like Cleo? Also, do you think it would be a major pain spelling it this way? I love the connection to the muse, and see it as more of a full name as opposed to Cleo, which looks like a nickname for Cleopatra to me.

Margot, Adele, Jane & Arthur, Felix, Simon

I absolutely love Clio (it's on my long list). This name is so straightforward, I can't see your daughter having pronunciation issues. I also prefer the Clio spelling -- mythic, sleek, elegant, and lovely.
    Simon, Eloise/Louise, Faye, Judah, Thea, Felix, Iris, Cordelia, Roscoe, Lydia, Jasper, Phaedra, Adrian, Lucinda, Jane, Conrad, Wallace, Finnegan, Sylvie, Charlie, Dashiell, Juniper, Atlas, Matilda, Julian, Alice, Marlowe, Octavia, Jack, Marigold, Archer, Gabriel, Persephone, Raphael, Dov

Just a grad student, dreaming ahead...

I agree with you - Clio is a full name, Cleo is Cleopatra's nickname.
    Amedeo Ariel Dmitri Enjolras
    Artemis Cicely Elisabeth Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Rosalie Titania

I agree with everything Augusta said. Clio is a gorgeous, mythical name with a great muse connection. I don't think anyone will have a hard time saying it. And it is a full name (as opposed to Cleo, which is a nickname). I prefer it to Cleo. ^_^
    http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Blackwood/e/B00SARZLFY -- My Amazon Author Page

Represented by:

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th, 2013
    Amelia Lorien Sophia -- December 2015.

Thank you all for your words of encouragement! I think Clio will definitely be on my lists for future babies.

Margot, Adele, Jane & Arthur, Felix, Simon