Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help! Baby names please :)

DH and I are expecting at the end of May 2014

We are currently discussing baby names. We both like fairly simple and classic names, and for boys they definitely need to be masculine. For both genders we prefer shorter names that are easy to spell (we both have hard to spell names and an uncommon surname, and we are tired of spelling out our names all the time!)

We come from a large family, so unfortunately there are lots of names I've had to write out as they are the names of close family members. As such we can't have: Andrew, Ben, Dan, Jacob, Joshua, Michael, Matthew, Nathan, Robert, Thomas...
    Lily, Charlotte, Grace, Kate, Jessica, Ruth, anything along the lines of Christy/Kirsty/Kirsten/Kristen, Joanna, Hazel...

There are probably more but that's all I can think of for now!

Our last name begins with an H and I do not want an H name.

My current favourites: Joel David and Anna.
    I'm fairly set on either David or Peter as a middle name (both great-grandfather's names for bub)
    We both are a little tempted to use wild card name Boaz as a middle name for a boy though!
    DH likes Ruby - I'm not convinced!

Congrats on the pregnancy! I like your taste in names

I love Anna! It is so beautiful. With all the creative names out there, I LOVE to meet girls named Anna. I'd give Anna a bit of a wild card middle name (like Boaz would be for a boy) just to spice up the simplicity

I really like Joel, as well. Nice name and underused. I'm so in love with Boaz, though <3 What about Peter Boaz, or David Boaz? Or off the wall here, but Samuel Boaz "Sam"? Or a double middle name, like John David Boaz or Seth David Boaz?
    Short boy names:
    Ian
    Adam
    Abel
    Jude
    Luke
    Ezra
    Grant
    Jack
    Paul
    Noah
    Owen
    Levi
    Mom to 5

Anna is a lovely name, although I prefer the "Ana" spelling, personally ( although I am biased.) Ruby is beautiful as well.

Other girls names you might like:

Alice
    Thea
    Cora

What about something like Silas or Thomas for a boy ?

I love Ruby! Maybe nickname Rue? And Joel David is wonderful

girls:
    Violet
    Iris
    Beth
    Rose
    Stella
    Emma
    Molly
    Mae
    Jane
    Dana
    Ada
    Bae
    Chloe

Boys:
    Vincent
    Victor
    Owen
    Evan
    Gabriel (nn Gabe)
    Liam
    Jace
    Ivan
    Finn
    Dean
    Cole

Anna or Ruby or Joel all seem to fit with your criteria. You could also do David or Peter as a fn. Some other possibilities:

Alice
    Claire
    Ellen
    Eliza/Liza
    Helen
    Julia
    Lucy
    Lydia
    Mary
    Nora
    Rose
    Ruth