Results 1 to 5 of 10
Thread: 3 "A" name questions
October 20th, 2013 08:55 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
3 "A" name questions
1. In an earlier post I asked about using Penn as a nn for Penelope or Spencer. On another site somebody suggested using Aspen for a girl with nn Penn. DH was actually favorable.
2. I've always likes the name Alejandra (DH is Mexican). But lately I'm beginning to like name Alessandra. How do you pronounce it? I tend to pronounce it similar to Alejandra with the "Ollie" sound in beginning versus "Ally"
3. Thoughts on a boy being named Alessandro with the nn Sander.
Brothers would be Tanner and August.
October 20th, 2013 10:42 PM #3
I commented on your other post I believe!
I love the nn Penn for Penelope and also Aspen!
I pronounce Alessandra like this: "Ale-ess-ohn-dra", but I'm fully aware I'm probably butchering the correct pronunciation. Very pretty name though.
I like Alessandro nn Sander, but I don't know how well it fits with Tanner and August. If that isn't a huge concern for you, then go for it!
October 20th, 2013 10:44 PM #5Senior Member
Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore FitzwilliamRosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
October 21st, 2013 11:22 AM #7
1. I'm not a fan of the name Aspen (the first syllable has its own associations) and I see Penn as more of a boy name. But putting my opinions on the names themselves out of the way, I think using Penn as a nickname for Aspen works out great.
2. I would pronounce Alessandra the exact same way as Alexandra, only with a "ss" instead of "x". I'm not sure if that's correct, but that's what my sight-reading would be.
3. I like Sander. Not so much a fan of Alessandro. Next to Tanner and August, it seems sort of misplaced.♂ Ellis Christopher / Asher Estlin / Seth Joshua / Gordon Thomas / Russell Joseph ♂
♀ Marilyn Kay / Joanna Kathryn / Tessa Diane / Nola Elaine / Christine Ruby ♀
October 21st, 2013 11:39 AM #9Senior Member
Name favorites :
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
Alana, Scarlett, Alexandria, Annalise, Gianna, Marcella, Kayla, Arabella, Julianna, Anastasia, Jovanna
Cole, William, Samuel, Caleb, Rylan, Roman, Grayson, Jackson, Joseph, Caden, Christian, Joshua