Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    I like it more on a girl. I like boy names for girls. Your gonna get a different opinion from everybody so choose what you like.
    Name favorites :

Alana, Scarlett, Alexandria, Annalise, Gianna, Marcella, Kayla, Arabella, Julianna, Anastasia, Jovanna

Cole, William, Samuel, Caleb, Rylan, Roman, Grayson, Jackson, Joseph, Caden, Christian, Joshua

Quote Originally Posted by maggiemary View Post
    It's a nice name. For a boy.
    I'm with @maggiemary on this one. Its a handsome, timeless boys name for me.

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Alice Tallulah, Polly Matilda, Rosalie Faye, Lucy Annabel, Maya Lillian, Hazel Kate, Eva Blossom, Juliet Lila, Ivy Camille.
    Charles Joshua "Charlie", Theodore Samuel "Teddy", Elliott Daniel, Noah Zachary, James Oscar, Arthur Philip, Rowan Isaac.

It bothers me that people see it as unisex. If you want to use it on a girl do so but it is not nor was is ever a unisex name. It's a boy's name! It irks me that it's shown as unisex here. Names that are unisex have been given to both, boys and girls from the beginning on or in modern day, are at least popular for both genders.
    Just because you like it on both, does not make it a unisex name.

Quote Originally Posted by opheliaflora View Post
    It bothers me that people see it as unisex. If you want to use it on a girl do so but it is not nor was is ever a unisex name. It's a boy's name! It irks me that it's shown as unisex here. Names that are unisex have been given to both, boys and girls from the beginning on or in modern day, are at least popular for both genders.
    Just because you like it on both, does not make it a unisex name.

This!

There is a complete difference between boy names used on girls and unisex names.
    Dany (Also known as Athena Danielle)
    Could you check out these threads? I'll return the favor.
    Link
    Link

Rosemary Gloria ~ Petra Madeleine~ Lilith Seraphine
    Alaric Matthew ~ Henry Marcellus ~ Sebastian Rhys ~ Giles Edmund

Quote Originally Posted by lovemysweeties View Post
    Casilda, there is a big difference between a female Elliott and a male Isabelle. I would not give my boy the name Isabelle not because it is a girls name but because to me it sounds very feminine and beautiful. Elliott to me sounds feminine and sweet. In my opinion feminine and sweet works for a girl, feminine and beautiful does not work for a boy. My opinion. Evelyn, Beverly, and Vivian to me are beautiful and feminine. Others must have had another opinion on this because they named their boys these names. I have no issue with soft and sweet or strong and highly masculine name on a boy and no issue with a frilly feminine name or a spunky name on a girl. Maybe people willing to use unisex names on either boys or girls are the more open people.
    No. There is no difference between a female Elliott and male Isabelle.

Of course Elliott sounds "feminine and sweet" when some people hear it on enough females. If no one ever named their daughter Elliott to begin with, I highly doubt you'd think the same thing. You'd still consider it to be a masculine name.

More open people because someone is willing to give their daughter a name that will make people think they're a boy? WHAT? I can't believe you just said that... (especially when you basically implied that any future son you have cannot be feminine or beautiful).
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey