Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Long Form of Lulu?

At one point in my life a nickname of mine was "Little Lulu" because I had brunette curly hair just like the comic book character. I want to have at least one name on my list where Lulu could be a legitimate nickname, in case my daughter is just like me and has brown curly hair, and because I'm a little narcissistic and want to have at least one name on my list in honor of me. This may be an indirect way to honor me as I'm not into giving my daughter the same name as me. I just want to explore all my options. I also have Seraphina nn Fifi on the list and I think Fifi and Lulu might be adorable but only as nicknames.

So I just wanted to see if there were any creative berries out there that could come up with some longer names for Lulu, that aren't the standard Louisa or Lucy or any of their derivatives.

One of the names I found that I am on the fence about is Luvenia which was in the top 1000 from 1880 to 1937 so it is a rare name with history; I am just not sure how much I actually like the name as yet. It hits all my criteria as it is quirky and cutesy but I don't really have a strong opinion on the name. I also sort of like Sulola (Heidi Klum's daughters middle name) which may not have the Lu/Lou in it but it does have the double L's, I just already have Seraphina with an S and would prefer not to have kids with the same first and last initials.

Thank you to all who respond
    All suggestions are welcome...

Tallulah/Tullala/Talula is the first name that comes to mind. I love nn Lulu!

I agree about Tallulah. I like it a lot, and it was the first thing to come to mind.

Luna
    Altalune / Altaluna
    Bluebell
    Lumina
    Lua
    Luminosa (This is probably a little too Harry Potter sounding, but I love -osa endings on girls names ...)

Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I intend to use LuLu as a nn for Eloise if we end up going with that fn. Altalune and Lilou already mentioned are lovely, too.
    Gals: Juliette, Eloise, Susannah, Charlotte, Tessa, Rosalind, Genevieve, Hallie, Sylvie, Celine, Norah, Lena, Amabel, Caroline
    Guys: Nathaniel, Bennett, Theodore, Sullivan, Tobias, Phineas, Maxwell, Wesley, Weston, Leo, Holdon, Sawyer, Romeo, Lucian