Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Feedback on our short-list

We're expecting our second and final child in February, sex unknown. Our daughter is named Isadora Lucille, and if this baby is a girl, we will most likely go with Cecilia (a family name that would be satisfying to use, even if it is a bit less exciting to me than Isadora). Though we are doing MUCH better with boys' names this time around, I'd still like to hear some feedback.

Here is our current list:
    Frederick
    Francis (was our first choice last time, but currently very strongly associated with the Pope, and we're not Catholic)
    Tobias
    Burgess (as in the Burgess Shale...lots of geologists and science nerds in this family)

Middle names are of less concern until a first name is worked out, but here are some under consideration: Raymond, Marc, Geoffrey, Franklin, Eero, Charles, Edward, or any of our first name choices. Possibly I could consider some of these middle name choices as first names...but it would need to be a compelling case!

Any thoughts you have that could push one or more of these up or off the list? Any suggestions that you think we may have overlooked? Combo ideas? Thanks in advance!

ETA: Isadora is called both "Isadora" and "Dora." It would be fun to have some nickname options for our second child too.
    Last edited by memomo; October 20th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.

Of the options you listed, I like best the combo Tobias Edward, followed by Frederick Charles.
    #1 on the way!
    Why yes, I probably should be working!

Benjamin * Sebastian * Ezra * Edmund * Henry * Hugo * Cormac * Andrew * Winston * Levi * Zev * Theodore

Arabella * Aviva * Ariella * Maeve * Matilda * Eleanor * Catherine * Charlotte * Beatrice

I adore the name Isadora Lucille! I think Frederick is a great choice as a little brother. I love the combo of Frederick Burgess.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I think from your short list Tobias and Frederick are my favorites. I have never met a Fred/Freddy/Frederick that I haven't liked. However I think Tobias sounds fresher and more unique and perhaps fits better with Isadora in that sense. Good luck with your new addition!

I totally agree with what crookshanks2 said.
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Zoe. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Esme. Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.