Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Thoughts?

Lena
    Lay-nuh or Lee-nuh? I like both but prefer the latter as Lina
    Margaret (Margie?)
    For some reason, I can't bring myself to like it. The 'gar' in the middle is very ugly to me
    Frances
    A solid meh
    Meera
    That spelling makes me think of meerkats. Mira is gorgeous though
    Josephine
    Love the nn Jo, but not the rest of the name
    Mardee
    Mardi in French is Tuesday
    Alma
    Old fashioned
    Susannah
    I like the Zanna/Sannah nn, but not crazy about the name itself. Susan with bells on
    Clara
    Clara from Doctor Who in my mind, but if that doesn't bother you it's a lovely name
    Hazel
    Gorgeous
    Eva
    Prefer Eve and Ava, but this is definitely short and very sweet
    Audrey
    I accidentally fell in love with this name oops
    Cecilia
    Pretty, but the meaning is a sticking point for me
    Celia
    Celiac disease
    Sophie
    I could write a sonnet about how much I love Sophie. My favourite off your list and miles better than Sophia IMO.
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Girls:
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Boys:
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail

Hmm....
    Lena - A spunky vibrant name which has a lot of energy. It's cool.
    Names similar to Lena:
    Cleora
    Oksana
    Katja

Margaret - a regal sounding classic, Margaret is lovely name.
    Names similar to Margaret:
    Margot
    Bridget
    Helena

Frances - a grown up sounding classic, she's elegant and wholesome. I also like the Frankie nickname.
    Names similar to Frances:
    Sarah
    Flora
    Alice

Meera - Not keen on Meera it's okay but it's a little off beat for me.
    Names similar to Meera:
    Amira
    Tamara
    Mirabel

Josephine - a regal, elegant name which has a lovely sound. Josephine sounds really soft.
    Names similar to Josephine:
    Therese
    Genevieve
    Rosalind

Mardee - Similarly with Meera I dislike Mardee it's a little unattractive.
    Names similar to Mardee:
    Marnie
    Alba
    Nancy

Alma - I think this name is a cute retro choice, he has a soft sound and looks sweet.
    Names similar to Alma:
    Martha
    Ada
    Elsie

Susannah - A lovely fruity classic, it's very elegant and sweet. I love the whole vibrant style of Susannah.
    Names similar to Susannah:
    Rosemary
    Antonia
    Johanna

Clara - She's a great bluesy name with a lot of style. Clara sounds really elegant and vibrant.
    Names similar to Clara:
    Anna
    Margo
    Eliza

Hazel - I'm really not into the name Hazel, for me I find her unattractive and I feel that people are just jumping on the bandwagon because it's retro and people are loving that craze right now. But if Hazel was fashionable and part of the retro craze people wouldn't use her. She's just a little off.
    Names similar to Hazel:
    Ruth
    Marina
    Elise

Eva - She's a bluesy classic with a lot of vibrancy and energy. Eva has a similar sound and style to Clara.
    Names similar to Eva:
    Elena
    Anya
    Rosa

Audrey - a lovely classic, with a great vibe. Audrey sounds wholesome and has a lovely vibe. She's great.
    Names similar to Audrey:
    Rebekah
    Elisabeth
    Catherine

Cecilia - a lovely delicate name with an almost lacy vibe. She's sweet and delicate in sound. I also love the Cecily nickname.
    Names similar to Cecilia:
    Therese
    Violet
    Maris

Celia - I prefer the sound of Cecilia it's just prettier. But still it's a fine name.
    Names similar to Celia:
    Isabel
    Esther
    Emma

Sophie - Sooooo popular in my country!!! Sophie just feels slightly beige, and in though Sophia is literally dying with popularity she is still far prettier than Sophie. She has a kick which is really attractive.
    Names similar to Sophie:
    Imogen
    Charlotte
    Kate

: )

Lena- Pretty enough, but has never seemed like a whole name to me.
    Margaret- A little too dated for me, but I love the nicknames Maggie and Margo. I prefer Magnolia to Margaretm and Margie is, to me, way to dated for a little girl.
    Frances- I would call her Frankie, and nothing could stop me
    Meera- I prefer it spelled Mira. I think it's a pretty name, but it's not in my top ten.
    Josephine- Josie is sweet, but again, it's a little old-fashioned for me.
    Mardee- Not a huge fan.
    Alma- Again, kind of dated. I think it's cute, though, but I'd use it as a mn.
    Susannah- Adorable. I really like Susannah- it makes me think of a cute little girl with freckles and an attitude from down South.
    Clara- I prefer Claire, but this nice too. I would definitely consider Clara
    Hazel- Gorgeous. I love Hazel.
    Eva- Pretty, but too close to Ava for me to use.
    Audrey- Another great one, but being number 41 is a dealbreaker.
    Cecilia- Great. Old-fashioned, yes, but it has Cece to modern it up.
    Celia- Meh, I like Cecelia better.
    Sophie- It's definitely nice, but I would prefer Sophia, and they are both too common for me to use.

Suggestions:
    Emmeline
    Penelope
    Ophelia
    Juliet
    Leila
    Lilith
    Angeline
    Meredith
    Vivienne
    Elizabeth
    Victoria
    Johanna
    Daphne
    Lila
    Girls: Bellamy, Rowan, Rosalie, Emmeline, Bianca, Ana, Ivy, Sunniva, Regina, Sabrina, Penelope, Margo, Annaliese, Annabeth, Amelie, Noelle, Cassandrea, Freya, Astrid, Fiona, Juliet.
    Boys: Oliver, Lysander, Lazurus, Leo, Jasper, Xander, Felix, Hugo.

Lena- it's a pretty name that ages well, very elegant. I closely prefer Elena (even though Lena is pronounced to me like leena, and Elena eh-lane-a). But Lena alone is nice.
    Margaret (Margie?)- seems a bit dated and the nn doesn't help refresh it to my ears.
    Frances- on the fence with this. It's okay, but doesn't make me swoon
    Meera- I prefer mira spelling but really like the sound.
    Josephine- so pretty and versatile! Can be feminine or tomboyish.
    Mardee- doesn't look like a real name, and sounds like it'd be confused with Marty. Not my favorite, but maybe as a nickname for something else?
    Alma- my newest favorite 'vintage' name. Very pretty, simple but not boring. Feminine without frilly.
    Susannah- hard to avoid Susie as a nickname, depends on what you like. I like zanna as a nickname though.
    Clara- the clar-a pronunciation is hard for me to say (I feel self conscious saying it like I have a fake accent) but I do like the clare-a pronunciation...
    Hazel- very pretty!! I've gotten a good bit of push back on it though from the middle aged crowd, which surprised me (though you may have that with other names on the list I'm not sure). Wonder if 'hazy' would happen... Zellie is kinda cute for a nickname.
    Eva- I should know this one... But this name still makes me wonder, is it eh-va or ee-va?
    Audrey- on my list, love it!
    Cecilia- very nice, reminds me of Felicity.
    Celia- prefer it as a nickname for Cecilia, brings to mind celiacs disease, but it's not the first thing to come to mind.
    Sophie- I prefer Sophia but it is really nice too.