Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: TeacherBerries

Hello all! I got my undergrad in elementary ed and masters in communication sciences and disorders. This is my 4th year as a speech-language pathologist and I currently work in an early childhood special education center, (ages 3-5.) It is my DREAM job, and I love what I do!

Nice to meet you all! It's nice to have a place where we can chat!
    One Beloved Son - Raphael David
    Saved for Later:
    Rosemary, Phaedra, Lorena, Georgia, Theodora
    Ignatius, Lionel, Thaddeus, Laszlo, Caspian

I'm curious for all of you who have kids or want to have kids... Are you trying to plan/ did you plan pregnancies around summer vacation, or just going for it?
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Quote Originally Posted by dindlee View Post
    I'm curious for all of you who have kids or want to have kids... Are you trying to plan/ did you plan pregnancies around summer vacation, or just going for it?
    Well I don't have kids yet, but we will be trying next year. The plan is to *hopefully* get pregnant quickly for a due date of May-July, but that obviously might not be the case because we can't control these things of course. If we don't get pregnant right away, we may take a few months off just so I don't have the baby during the first months of a school year. I'm not certain on that though because it probably would be difficult to just stop trying once we start

Cora: I used to teach fifth grade and I loved it! Hopefully you'll go back soon : )

sweetpeacelove: Wishing you well during your student teaching and last year of school! I am currently teaching first grade, and although it takes a lot of patience with the little ones, it is worth it!: )

tintri: That sounds like a wonderful job, and it is splendid that you love what you do : ) The education world needs more people like you!

dindlee: I never paid much mind to when I was going to get pregnant. Family comes first, even if it gets in the way of my career.
    --Carla
    Mommy to Eva Lily Catherine, b. 1/31/2014

I have kids and only one was born during summer vacation. I didn't plan it that way, just happened

Honestly, I prefer a birth and maternity leave during the year than over the summer - my vacation felt like NOTHING since I worked hard during the year, worked hard nursing/taking care of baby (and toddler), and then jumped right back into the classroom in fall. Yay for a baby, but Boo for the teacher/mommy. At least when it happens during the year you still wind up with your summer as (more of a true) vacation and respite from the rest of the year.