Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I LOVE Robin - it's probably the only name that I sincerely like on both boys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by towelday42 View Post
    Rowan, River and Robin, 3 beautiful nature names and all unisex now. I love them all and cannot choose one from another without a feeling of guilty.. Please help me! Talk about the impression (of which on girls or boys are all welcome =]) you get from them, and the history each of them carried. =]
    BTW I would love to hear about their rankings in Australia..
    Thanks a lot for your time!
    Hmm...

See the appeal in all these names!!

Rowan for unisex and I honesty love on both boys and girls equally. Rowan works for both sexes. River for me is a boy's name it just suits boys and flows more naturally on a boy. As does Robin in my eyes. In my country Robyn is used for girls and Robin is used more stereotypically for boys. Robin is just so cute for a boy and whenever I think of the name I always think it's sad that this name is getting increased use for girls. I'd much prefer Robin for a boy furthermore whenever I think of Robin I think of Christopher Robin, Robin Hood, Robin Williams, and lastly the gorgeous Robin Thicke. For me Robin is all boy!! The only one which feels incredibly unisex is Rowan.

Unfortunately I don't know about about the rankings in Australia.

Thank you everyone!

All three of these work best on boys, IMHO. How about Wren, Russet, Rue, Oriel, Arden, Rosemary, or Arcadia?

Matilda Sailor or Faye Matilda | Sylvie Winifred or Simon Atlas | Atlas Dov or Alice Violetta | Lucien Wilde or Lucinda Jane | Jane Lucinda or Jack Mariner | Marlowe Charles or Roscoe Thomas | Charles ' Charlie' Wallace or Marigold 'Maggie' Wynn | Eloise Lily or Elliot Darwin | Iris Cordelia or Thea Marina | Jasper Augustus or Juniper 'June' Lovelace | Julian Felix or Judah 'Jude' Reeve

Just a grad student dreaming ahead...

If I met a sibset named Rowan, River & Robin, I'd think 'awesome'.

Rowan is all boy to me. I know some like it for girls but I can't stand it. It's also become trendy for girls.
    River leans masculine but I also love it for girls.
    Robin is truly unisex to me however it feels a bit dated for a girl. In the US it peaked in the 60s and has been dropping ever since. Although that could make it a fresh choice now

Personally, I would choose River but Robin is a close second. Robin is more of an 'acceptable' choice due to its softness and history. There's also a sophistication about it since all of the female Robins I know are adults with white collar careers. I've never met a Robin under 30. River is very wordy, not feminine-sounding, and still has a hippie connotation. I like that about River but not everyone will.

Shea * Jade * Azure * Eden * Fox * Greer
    Lotus * Tallulah * Noor * Jasper * Linden * Arden