Names Searched Right Now:

Lightbulb 1. Naming a Father

1: ‘NAMING X’ Form

Genre of Story: Dramedy play-script

Time Period/Location: Modern Day(ish), United Kingdom

Brief Plot: The story isn't about him but rather his daughter, but it's his death that sets the story in motion.

Character Description: He's a madcap painter who is a total people magnet. His wife is the opposite- very no-nonsense and reminder this, alarm that, lunches with clients etc. He isn't too concerned about what people think about him and paints because he loves it and because it delights everyone else. His daughter gets lots of her mannerisms and quirks from him as well. I need "dad" sounding names, and if it helps he's Irish and Welsh so those types of names would be appreciated. Oh, and his last name is Sheehy.

Immediate Family (if relevant): His wife is French and her name is Annette, he has a brother named George and I'd rather not share the main character's name because it's not an actual name but rather a Gaelic word although she has her name for a very special reason. What I need is a father's name, not opinions on the other characters.

Already Considered (if relevant): Hubert which I love for him, he'd be nicknamed Bertie, but it's not set in stone yet. Also Gerald, Charles and Gregory.

Don’t Suggest These Names: Anything not from Ireland, Wales, Britain or Scotland please

Anything else?: I'm looking specifically for names that would have been popular 40 or so more years ago, proper dad age.

Thanks in advance!
    My name is Jazz, but I'm in the process of changing it.
    My pets are Ancalagon, Falkor and a little pup called Odie

Eoin (oh-in) Sheehy

While I do like the name Eoin, it seems a bit too popular. I'm more looking for stuffy old type names i.e. Archibald but more Irish if that makes sense?

Hubert feels more grandad than dad to me. If he's got a brother George then Gregory and Gerald would work as having both G names, and both are dad-sounding names, while Charles also works in a much more regal pairing with George.

Other suggestions (basically, just firing out names of men I know that are 40-50 ish)

Howard
    Andrew
    David
    Malcolm
    Leslie
    Philip
    Nigel
    Neil
    Tony (usually as a nickname for Anthony)
    Steven/Stephen
    Richard
    Colin

Anna Katherine * Lydia Ellen * Zoe Madeleine * Phoebe ___ * Imogen ___ * Emilia ___
    Samuel * Thomas * Charlie * Reuben * Oliver * George

I'm going with Gerald nn Gerry to keep with the "G" theme. Thanks so much!