7 16.67%
  • Maybe

13 30.95%
  • No

22 52.38%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plumeria?

Plumeria?

I've been seeing a big interest in the name Plum on the forum recently. Whilst I think it is an endearing name, I myself would never use it... However I could easily see it as a quirky middle on someone else's child. I suggested to a parent that maybe Plumeria might be more usable as it is a flower name and flower names seem to be socially acceptable than fruit names (with some exceptions like Olive of course).
    So is Plumeria usable? I think it is pretty and flowery but it is a very frilly name and maybe not a run-of-the-mill flower that alot of people would be familiar with.

I have no interest in Plum but I'm just curious as I like quirky names and Plumeria is cutesy to me.

As usual honest opinions are more than welcome.
    Thank you to all who respond
    Last edited by giinkies; October 19th, 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Plumeria nn Ria is cute. It's a bit too frilly for me, but I think it's usable.
    Amedeo Enjolras Aristotle Leonardo Archer Olivier Mischa Liam Caspian Benedict Theodore Fitzwilliam
    Rosalie Evangeline Mirabelle Ophelia Alice Elisabeth Stella Titania Artemis Cicely Margarethe Thalia Astrid

I don't think Plumeria is usable. To me, Plumeria sounds like some sort of disease.
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey

Maybe as a middle name...
    Emily, 19, Southeastern US.
    College student, name nerd, and generally geeky.
    ♂ | Samuel Edward George Arthur Ezra Gideon James
    ♀ | Jane Helen Anne Cora Phoebe Gwen Catherine

I'm generally all for weird flower names (I know the cutest little Forsythia) but I find the sound of this really strange. I don't say it with Plum in there. I say it like ploom-ehr-ee-ah. >.< I think it'd be a cool quirky middle, but would be strange up front.

On the plus side, it has lots of cute nicknames -- Plum, Pia, Lia, Ria, Meri, Maria, Lera, Peri...
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014