Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Oh, and what do you guys think about Cordelia?

I pronounce Leonore like leo-noor. But if it's Spanish I can understand the leo-nor-eh, which is quite pretty.

You'll find I'm generally terrible with Shakespeare girl names (when they're from his tragedies). Cordelia is pretty but it makes me think of a girl who is strong and honest and loved her father whose father banished her from the kingdom because he didn't like honesty. And then she dies not know how much he loves her.

I'm sorry!!
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Its okay. I'm not even a huge Shakespeare fan, even though my name list could give that impression. I fin his plays nice but, personally, not fantastic, so the characters and their stories aren't present in my life. The name Ophelia for example, I got of the Spanish-Mexican film "Pan's Labyrinth", though they spell it Ofelia (which reminds me of the German word ofen = oven). Thank you for the comments, I appreciate them

Oh yes! I forgot Ophelia was in that movie. See, that makes me like the name slightly more. :P As long as you love them and have good associations with them, they're all beautiful. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Thanks!
    I think it's always nice to see what associations others have and Ophelia is definitely a name where I don't share the most common one. Cordelia I also got of a book and Juliette isn't from Romeo and Juliet either (in Germany it's Romeo & Julia). I watched "Hamlet" with Mel Gibson and Helena Bonham Carter as Ophelia a while ago, just to see if it would bother me. I didn't at all, I even thought she was a quite interesting character.