Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Little Ladies & Your Honest Opinion

I'm looking for a few opinions on my name lists. This is just for fun as having kids won't be in my near future.
    Still, please be honest but not cruel or hurtful (there might be someone with one of the names looking at this).
    I'd also love a few suggestions
    Thanks so much!

Flora (one of my top 2 girls names)
    Ophelia (the other of my top 2 girls names)
    Gemma
    Leonor
    Emma
    Penelope
    Alice
    Amelia / Emilia
    Matilda
    Ida (ee-dah)
    Rose
    Rosalie
    Leonora
    Eleanor
    Eleonora
    Ella
    Clara
    Clementine
    Elise
    Belle
    Dahlia / Dalia
    Genevieve
    Violet
    Violetta
    Mila
    Juliette

Unsure:
    Lilia
    Amelie
    Aurora
    Elizabeth
    Lucy
    Viola
    Theodora
    Cecilia
    Last edited by opheliaflora; October 19th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.

Boys list can be found here.

Boys
    Spencer|Benjamin|Henry|Declan|Rhys|Grayson|Peter|Q uinn

Girls
    Laura|Charlotte|Caroline|Savannah|Nora|Natalie|Hil lary

Guilty Pleasures
    River|Sawyer|Moss|Barrett|Sky|Archer

I love:

Flora -- I find her soft, sweet, and woodsy
    Alice -- classic and gentle while still easy and mature
    Amelia -- historic and beautiful
    Leonora -- would love it better as Lenore. I didn't include Leonor as I think that just looks misspelled
    Dahlia -- I pronouce it doll-ee-ah (I know some people say day-lee-ah). Strong and fun and sweet
    Genevieve -- It sounds lyrical and beautiful
    Violetta -- vee-oh-let-ah It's very pretty
    Viola -- vi-oh-lah (vi rhymes with eye) very sweet and musical

I like:

Penelope -- she's beautiful and I love the meaning and mythology, but she's just so so for me
    Rose -- So overdone in the middle and I find her blah in the first. I like more elaborate names, but she's still beautiful
    Eleanor -- Pretty and mature and smart, but not for me
    Eleonora -- I like this better than Eleanor, but I love Lenore and Leonora much more
    Belle -- I love her, but not enough to every use her
    Mila -- love the sound, find the name boring
    Lilia -- same as Mila. Love the sound, boring name to me with over used nicknames
    Theodora -- She's nice, but I don't really love the sound
    Cecilia -- It's a fine and pretty name, but sounds like grandma to me

I don't like:

Ophelia -- I'm sorry but all I think of is a woman bullied into madness and suicide
    Gemma -- I just find this, and please don't be offended, but "strippery" for lack of a better way to describe my feelings >.<
    Leonor -- This just looks like a misspelled Lenore. I love Lenore, not Leonor
    Emma -- pretty but VERY overdone
    Emilia -- I know it's its own name, but it just looks like a misspelling of Amelia and I don't like the eh-mil-ee-ah pronunciation
    Matilda -- It's a fine name, but I can't separate it from the little girl in my head so it seems very childish.
    Ida (ee-dah) -- I would have said it as it looks (eye-dah) and I don't like it either pronunciation
    Rosalie -- I just don't like this one. It's one of my least favorite Rose names
    Ella -- Very over done and boring to me
    Clara -- I don't like how it's said down here in the southern use as clare-uh and since no one around here says clahr-ah, I've started not liking it
    Clementine -- oranges and "Oh my darling clementine" and a real nasally voice
    Elise -- very over used and boring to me
    Viole -- this is just weird to me
    Juliette -- all I think of is a 13 year old girl who knew an older boy for a few days and agreed to run away with him then killed herself when it didn't work. To me, it's not a love story, it's a crush that ends in suicide.
    Amelie -- I just don't like the sound
    Aurora -- it's a fine name, but it sounds awkward when I say it and my husband has problems with R so he can't say it at all.
    Elizabeth -- very boring to me
    Lucy -- It's always seemed childish to me. I prefer Lucy as a nickname for Lucia or Luciana or something
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

Kith nor Kin -- http://kithnorkin.blogspot.com/ Chapter 30 and Epilogue is up. It's done!
    Angel's Art -- https://www.facebook.com/danteasart
    http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Could you check out this thread please? I'll return the favor. Send me a PM.
    Link 1 and Link 2

Alice Hermione, Madeleine ?, Lilith Seraphine, Caroline Hazel, Rosemary Gloria, Hana Felicity, James Alaric Matthew, Henry Elijah/Henry Marcellus, Alexander Lucian Godfrey & Sebastian Rhys
    Not pregnant. Just collecting names. AthenaDanielle