Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by janna View Post
    I lovelovelove your style. Winter, Wren, and Rowan are my favourites from the list. I'll also suggest Dusk and Sky, which I like on boys but would work equally well on girls.
    Winter Lake
    Winter Rose
    Winter Melody
    I love your style too, Winter Melody is actually one of the names we're considering. Somehow I just forgot to list it!
    Dusk is a very cool and handsome name, I'd love it for a little guy and I see Avery in your signature, that's my son's name :)
    Proud Mommy of a 3 year old boy affectionately called "Wolfie" and his baby sister (Due in November!)

I think you like the word Win!! It figures in so many of your choices. But here's a basic rule I'd set: Two words names is one too many. I would sacrifice any overly homogenous notion of "flow" and go with a choice like Rowan Winter -- why not? or Winter Rowan. Much better than Winter Rose or Winter Lake or Winter Melody.

Bronwyn or more appropriately Bronwen is a wonderful name but I think it bumps up too directly against Winter, but would work with any of your other word names in the first or middle place.

I'd eliminate Cadence as a bit trendier than your other choices.

A few other names with win in them: Winifred, Rowena (you could call her Rowen or even Wren), Gwen or Gwyneth or Gwendolen or Guinevere.

Bottom line: If your husband is in love with Winter and won't let go, you've got to find a non-word name to pair it with....and Bronwyn won't do. So Rowan or....let's keep looking.
    Pam Satran
    Nameberry

Quote Originally Posted by katemcnamelover View Post
    I actually really like Rowan Winter together. I'm sure the Ws running together was your concern but when I say it out loud I think it works. Does it work with your last name? It SEEMS like Rowan may be your favorite while Winter is your husbands's... So unless there's some reason I'm totally missing I wouldn't count out Rowan Winter :)
    You do??!!!!!
    The "wan-win" combination is exactly what we've been worrying about but I do keep going back to it and you're restoring my faith :)
    Thank you!
    Proud Mommy of a 3 year old boy affectionately called "Wolfie" and his baby sister (Due in November!)

I like Rowan Winter! Very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by pam View Post
    I think you like the word Win!! It figures in so many of your choices. But here's a basic rule I'd set: Two words names is one too many. I would sacrifice any overly homogenous notion of "flow" and go with a choice like Rowan Winter -- why not? or Winter Rowan. Much better than Winter Rose or Winter Lake or Winter Melody.

Bronwyn or more appropriately Bronwen is a wonderful name but I think it bumps up too directly against Winter, but would work with any of your other word names in the first or middle place.

I'd eliminate Cadence as a bit trendier than your other choices.

A few other names with win in them: Winifred, Rowena (you could call her Rowen or even Wren), Gwen or Gwyneth or Gwendolen or Guinevere.

Bottom line: If your husband is in love with Winter and won't let go, you've got to find a non-word name to pair it with....and Bronwyn won't do. So Rowan or....let's keep looking.
    I do love the word Win! And I'm smiling ear to ear right now because I'm falling in love with Rowan Winter. Rowan has been my top choice for a while and my husband certainly loves Winter. I think it's a go :)
    Thank you!