Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Augie??

Augie??

I love the name augie short for August. However, my husband doesn't like August. Can Augie stand as it's own name?

Maybe. But I'd still name him August and just call him Augie all the time. August sounds more refined/professional and he may want to use it when he grows up, depending on what his profession ends up being etc..
    Setra Reign 6/22/08
    Lennox Jay 2/26/14

If you're in the UK I think an Augie would fit right in with all the Archie/Alfie/Charlie type names. Though personally I still prefer a longer name for the kid to fall back on if he decides Augie doesn't suit him, or if he want's a more formal name for resume's etc. If your husband doesn't like August would he consider Augustin/Agoston?

Some other variations that would get you the nn Augie (some are a little more of a stretch than others)...

Agusto
    Antiago
    Aragon
    Branagan
    Drago
    Diago
    Flanagan
    Iagan
    Iago
    Magnus
    Montague
    Pelagios
    Santiago
    Thiago/Tiago
    Wagner (Especially with the German Prn.)
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot

No, in my opinion Augie does not stand on its own. Would he go for Augustus?

Augie is a Spanish nickname for Augustino. I'm trying to picture a little kid instead of my Uncle Augie. Personally I would give him a name like August or Augustus , Augustino, Augustin because just Augie doesn't give him any choices for a nick name or what he'd want to eventually be called. Maybe he would want to be called Gus? Good luck just the same!