Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Irregular Period...Looking For Some Help

So, I'm not a mom, but I thought it would be best to post here with a question like this.

I got my period for the first time June of last year. Since then, it's been very irregular. I will get it twice in one month, and won't get it again for another 2 or 3. I know I am way too young to be worrying about this, but I'm questioning if this will affect how fertile I am in any way. I pray that I will have at least one child naturally, because even at this age, I can't wrap my brain around life without children. I know there's always adoption, but it's not the same. I have always been a very pre-planning person, so even something this far away (I'm 13 and never have had a boyfriend ) bothers me.

I went to my pediatrician yesterday, and she said that it's common for girls to have irregular periods within their first 3 years of having a period. So my big question: God forbid I stay having an irregular period, is there any hope for me to get pregnant? I just need some peace of mind so I can focus on being a teenager. I'm just so worried that I'll never have my dream of being a stay-at-home-mom fulfilled Thanks in advance.
    ~Emily

Ladies...
    Annabel, Carlotta, Tamar, Jubilee, Lorelei, Lola, Josie, Alice, Indira, Claire, Liliosa, Vivienne, Ella, Abigail, Ivy

Gents...
    Jameson, Samuel, Archer, Dominic, Barnaby, Paul, Henry, Oliver, Jadon, Isaac, Harrison, Lawson, Ezra, Rhys

"The most beautiful voice in the world is that of an educated Southern woman."
    (Stolen from @tabby)

This is very common. During the first 2-3 years of mine, I was very irregular. Don't worry about it.

Don't worry! It's going to become regular soon. Getting your period means that hormones in your body are adjusting but as a teen you're still growing and your body's changing. That's why it might be irregular. You'll have lots of children!!

I got my period more than 10 years ago and it's still irregular sometimes. I get checked regularly at my ob/gyn and endocrinologist but everything's perfect. My doctor says that this happens sometimes and this is just how my body works.
    Girls: Neva, Hope, Katherine, Harlow, Vivienne, Florence, Grace, Nalha, Primrose, Arabella, Isla.

Boys: Nicholas, Luke, Stephen, Leon, John, William, Henry, Victor, Fredrich, Rainer, Simon, Felix.

I got my period at 12 and they didn't become regular until I was 16 or 17, and even then they were easily affected by stress or sleep. I'm 20 weeks with baby #2, and had absolutely zero fertility issues.

Don't stress
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Yes, it's possible for women with irregular cycles to become pregnant but try to not worry about it because it's completely and totally normal for a girl who's just started getting her period to be irregular!
    Current favorites:
    Cora . Louisa . Lydia . Mary

My Adoption Journey