Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Second Guessing Our Choices

I have been off nameberry for a while because I thought we had decided on Ottilie Petunia Bay or Declan Oliver Kyle with Kyle being my OH's name. We had also decided on the nicknames Otter and Dex. But know they just don't feel right, I'm not sure how Otter or Ottilie will go over in real life and if Declan nn Dex will work. Any suggestions that work with Miette and Ruby and have a floral middle for girls and Kyle as a middle for boys.

Thanks for all your help, I know I can count on you especially with your help in naming Mia and Roo.
    Cilla
    ~Cilla
    Mother to the trouble twins
    Miette Tulip Priscilla and Ruby Lilac Jessica
    Welcoming Ottilie Petunia Bay or Declan Oliver Kyle in March

I love your baby names! Miette and Ruby are gorgeous, and I absolutely adore Mia and Roo for nicknames! I LOVE Declan for a boy, and Dex is an adorable nickname! Mia, Roo, and Dex sounds excellent together, as does Miette, Ruby and Declan! Ottilie is an adorable name, but I don't know if I would personally use it. Miette, Ruby and Ottilie sounds excellent though. I don't know how Otter will go over in real life, but Ottie or Tilie/Tillie/Tilly (etc) would be good nicknames for Ottilie! If you decide not to go for Ottilie, some other names you might like are:
    Haven —I can't think of any cute nicknames for this one though D:
    Cadence — nicknames could be Cay/Kay Cace/Kase or even Kenny (I know a cadence who goes by Kenny)
    Hattie
    Alessandra
    Adeline
    Adelaide
    Brinley
    Bethany
    Charlotte
    Chastity
    Sierra
    Elle
    Vienna
    Allegra
    Nova

@Ella Otter's more a cute nickname like Roo she would be Tillie in real life.
    Cilla
    ~Cilla
    Mother to the trouble twins
    Miette Tulip Priscilla and Ruby Lilac Jessica
    Welcoming Ottilie Petunia Bay or Declan Oliver Kyle in March

I love all your picks!
    Kyle is probably my least favourite of your picks, but I think you should keep it since it has a special connection for you. I LOVE Declan Oliver, and I don't think Dex is too much of a stretch.
    I think Ottilie Petunia Bay is sweet and goes so well with your other girls' names but I'm not sure how Ottilie would be on a real person - I like it but I've never met anyone by that name. If you go with it, I love nn Otter. Very cute.

I don't think you need to overthink it. Do you love the names? Do they mean something to you? Then go for it.
    New username is @ truenature

I love your names.
    Declan (dex) definitely works with Miette and Ruby. I hope you keep it!
    I think Ottilie works too but I prefer Dex so hoping it's a boy! However as you have doubts, how about Miette, Ruby and:
    Bodie (Bo) Alexander Kyle
    Junia (Juni) marigold Bay
    Jonathan (Jonty) Kyle Bay
    Petra (Pet) Blossom Noor
    Alben (Ben/Albie) Oliver Kyle
    Fable (Faye) Magnolia Bay
    Simeon (Sim, Sonny) Oliver Kyle
    Odelia (dell/ Della) Posey May

Good luck.