Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I am in a similar situation as you are. I have irregular periods and my husband and I have been TTC for about six months now. I have been tracking my cycles with a menstrual app and I have been trying to use the ovulation test strips without any success so far. I bought mine online and they were pretty inexpensive so you can try looking for them online since the ones in the store seem to be expensive. I wish you the best of luck.
    Expecting baby 8-2015. Mid-twenty something. Married to my best friend 3-3-12. Name lover and science nerd.

Favorite Names: XX: Georgia, Wren, Arden, Mabel, Coralie, Leona, Aviana, Marin
    XY: Callum, Thomas, Hudson, Sullivan, Jonah

Thanks everyone! I am going to try extra hard to be very consistent with tracking from here out. I'm also trying to get in better shape and lose a little weight, which the midwife DH and I plan to use suggested may help my cycles get more regular and frequent.

I have checked out a couple apps and websites for tracking. I'm going to give them a whirl but sometimes I am more of an old-fashioned pen-and-paper person, so my printed out calendar pages may work better for me. We'll see!

Definitely what everyone has said, get the OPKs.

My cycles are long and irregular too. I forget exactly how many days it was, but quick math, my last period was September 13, 2012, I got a positive OPK on October 14, and positive pregnancy test on October 29. I was sure it would take a long time and we'd have trouble due to my cycles, but we were very very lucky to conceive the first month trying. So don't write off your long cycles quite yet, everything may be totally normal that way. Good luck!!

Yay, that makes me feel better! I really don't think I have an ovulation issue, and I'm more and more suspecting that my only problem is long cycles, so hopefully it doesn't take a long time for us. If I get my period I am definitely getting the opks!! Sounds like it's working for lots of ladies!

I had long cycles - 50+ days - when I was TTC my first. The book, <u>Taking Charge of Your Fertility</u>, was a very helpful guide for me with tracking my cycles and anticipating ovulation. I'm also hypothyroid and was taking replacement hormone. At the time I was TTC, I realized my basal body temperature was low so I had some bloodwork done to check my thyroid levels and it turned out my TSH was high - which meant my thyroid levels were low. My doctor adjusted my medication and I was able to conceive a couple of months after this. Altogether it took almost a full year for me to become pregnant the first time. I have four children now and I did not have any issues after this.