Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Crochet

Crochet

I noticed a number of Berries who commented on the "alternative" thread said they liked to crochet. That made me so happy because everyone I know IRL acts like it such a grandma-ish hobby. I love crochet, thought! It doesn't have to look like a grandma made it, it's all about what you're making, your stitch patterns and color choices, etc. I thought those of you who crochet might be interested in talking about your projects or sharing patterns.

I always have more than one project going. Right now, I'm working on Halloween decorations (a candy corn garland and amigurumi skulls), a blanket for Maura's "big girl bed" (I just have the border and finishing left), and I made her these leg warmers during naptime today in an eggplant purple color.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus ???, Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: Deirdre/Deidra "Dear" ???

My mum and sister crochet, I have yet to learn. My mum made me and both my sisters blankets for our beds and is currently making one for herself. She has made about 50 of them but sent many to Uganda for families there.

I crochet and knit! They're usually my winter activities. I'm not up to anything yet this season, but I've been thinking of making a TARDIS hat (from Doctor Who). I saw one for sale at a store the other day for $50US which is crazy expensive in my opinion. I'm going to have to figure out the pattern for it. My mum is an excellent crochet-er. She made all of our baby clothes for my brother and I, and she still has lots of my little dresses. They're so pretty, especially with frilly little slips underneath.

Making leg warmers is a great idea. I could probably made TARDIS leg warmers! Ooh, you've inspired me.
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I taught myself to knit, and am trying to learn to crochet but am not picking it up as easily for some reason.
    Auntie to Connor Douglas (June 2012) & Parker Isabella (Oct 2013)

~*Ariadne*Celeste*Esmé*Deirdre*Linnéa*~
    ~*Cian*Everett*Julian*Soren*Theodore*~

My full list here. Please comment and I'll comment on yours
    I believe that maturity has more to do with what types of experiences you've had and what you've learned from them and less to do with how many birthdays you've celebrated.

(Not currently expecting or TTC)

Quote Originally Posted by ozdust View Post
    I taught myself to knit, and am trying to learn to crochet but am not picking it up as easily for some reason.
    It seems like whichever you learn first will always be easier for you. I learned the basics of crochet first from my mom when I was a kid and then taught myself to knit when I was in high school. I'm an okay knitter, but crochet feels much more natural. But I had a friend in high school who was the exact opposite - she was an excellent knitted, but she couldn't figure out crochet.

I basically never knit anymore because I just know how to do a lot more with crochet. Also, I feel like knitting has a lot more accessories. Like, there are regular needles, but then you might also need circular needles or double-pointed needles in various sizes for certain projects...it just seems like it would get expensive really fast if you were any good at it and liked to make lots of different kinds of things. I've been able to make everything I've ever wanted to make with the same basic set of crochet hooks my mom gave me when I was little.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus ???, Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: Deirdre/Deidra "Dear" ???