Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Name Fried

Name Fried

I have been overthinking my list for too long now and I am completely name fried. I have problems with everything on my list. I need some fresh ideas. I am not looking for you to tell me all the reasons you hate names on my list, I know already and I have issues with them too or I wouldn't be here. I just want to know which names I should keep in the running and I am hoping for some fresh suggestions. I already know that many nameberries have issues with unisex or traditionally male names for girls, but I happen to like them. Here is my current list and the issues I have with each name:

Lennon or maybe Lennan - I liked it before Lennon and Maise showed up on the internet. Some people think of Vladamir Lenin. And yes, I am a Beatles fan and have been most of my life. This name was my #1, but it is not getting a good reception with friends and family.

Sadie - our last name is a single syllable starting with D. Does not flow well. Also, getting more popular.

Georgia - Climbing the popularity ladder.

Sansa - Made up name from George RR Martin. I loved it when I first heard it, now I'm not sure. Probably would never use it.

Penelope with Penny or Poppy as a nn. - Celebrity popular (Kortney Kardashian and others). Also pretty femanine for my taste. Can't picture Penelope as the President of the United States some day.

Arya - Another George RR Martin name. Not usually fond of alternative spellings but for some reason Arya appeals to me when Aria did not.

Harper - Way to many celebrities used this. It was the top of my girls list 4 years ago when I had my son, before the Beckham's and Neil Patrick Harris used it. I was okay back when it was just George Stephenopolis (sp?).

Bellamy - DH likes Bella, but that to me is a nn, and there is the whole Twilight issue. I would rather get to Bella through Bellamy than the overused Isabel or Isabella though.

Seren nn Renie - This was at the top of my list for a while after I first heard it, but it kind of runs together with our last name and there are differing opinions on pronunciation. I would say it SAIR-en, but I think the proper Welsh pronunciation is se-REN and some say seh-ren.

Rory - Sounds a little funny with the last name. I think I like it better on my boys list. Everyone thinks of Gilmore Girls not that that's a horrible thing, it was a really good show, just not name your kid after it good.

Other names I've fallen in and out of love with: Asha, Ivy, Emmerson, Willa, Vianne, Raiya, Surai, Remy, Rennie, and Teagan

My boys name are in my signature, but I'm really not concerned about how the sibset compatibility. That only matters when they're young and they will have the name a lot longer as adults, IMO.
    Mommy To:
    Owen Michael and Jackson Floyd
    #3 Due February 27

Our last election was between Mitt and Barack - Not exactly John and George - so I wouldn't write Penelope off for that. Penny and Poppy are both great.
    I love Seren nn Renie
    Lennon is Beatles all the way - if you love it keep it on the list. Other Beatles ideas - Lucy, Rigby, Eleanor, Abbey...

Just some ideas -
    Everly
    Sutton
    Peyton
    Paxton
    Bennett
    Selah
    Emery
    Avery
    Parker
    Mila
    Arden
    Virginia nn Gigi
    Lyra
    Delphine nn Delphi
    Lotte
    Liv
    Luckiest woman in the world!

Mom to Logan Hunter, Savanna Nichole, Avonlea Noel and Arden "Birdie" Mae

Step-mom to Austin Ray, Haley Caroline, Kelsey Suzanne

and expecting someone else December 19!

From your list, I like Georgia, Ivy, and Willa.

Some other ideas:

Cora
    Greta
    Iris
    Laurel
    Lucia
    Miranda
    Nora
    Piper
    Tessa

Lyra was actually on my list, I accidentally left it off when I typed the post!

Great point about Penelope. Made me LOL!
    Mommy To:
    #3 Due February 27

I like Piper. I may be able to get over the fact that Sarah Palin used it.
    Mommy To:
    #3 Due February 27