Names Searched Right Now:

Talking Opinions of Name and Sibset

My husband and I have had a difficult time settling on a name for our second son due in Feb. Our first born is Rowan Michael G. It was way easier the first time around- we just picked the first name we both agreed upon and that had some family significance. This time, it has been hard to find the "perfect" name but we think we have finally decided on Henry Douglass G. with the nickname Huck. I would just like some honest opinions on whether Henry fits with Rowan and if Huck works as a nickname for Henry (husband loves Huck and hates Hank, Harry, and Hal). The middle name is a family name so we are sticking to it. We are also in the SE US and Henry was ranked in the 90's here last year so not currently as popular as elsewhere.

Other names on the shortlist that we at one time chose but then decided against are Archer, Arthur, Callum, and Oliver. If we end up changing our minds again, we'll probably go with Oliver but my husband doesn't like it as much because our last name is also 3 syllables.

Thanks for your help!

I like the sibset and the nn.

I personally think that people are way to quick to dismiss a name because the sibset doesn't sound right. I matters far more to the parents than it ever will to the kids. Once the oldest turns 18, very few people he or she meets will have any idea what thier siblings are named. The only time the names get listed together is when the parents are naming off their children to someone. Just another perspective to consider.

I think Henry is cute and Huck makes a fine nn. I also like Oliver and have considered using it myself.
    Mommy To:
    Owen Michael and Jackson Floyd
    #3 Due February 27

Thank you for the opinions.

I agree the sibset isn't terribly important. I just don't want them to be too different in style. It is hard to find the perfect fit though because we also don't want the names to be too themed or close in ending or beginning.

I think the nickname definitely works, and the sibset is fine. I wouldn't necessarily pair Henry with Rowan, but I don't think they clash terribly. If its your favorite name, I say use it! Both great names.

Of course, Oliver Douglass is super handsome too....