Names Searched Right Now:

Post The Best Recipe for a Name

I'm not entirely sure if that title made sense, but I'll try to explain it a little here. How do you make up your name combos?

For example, do you pick a simple first name with a more out-there middle? Or simply pick a name you love combined with a carefully chosen family name? Do you pick a short first with a frillier middle or vice versa?

Using my own top girls' combo as a further example - Saskia Florence Evanthe. Saskia is a name I adore and have done for a long while. I tried to balance it using Florence which to me is simple, down-to-earth and fairly common (where I live) to balance out the sassiness and spunk of Saskia. Evanthe is quite out-there and I like how it adds interest to the name overall. Bonus points that both middles have sentimental ties - I like those to be there, even though they aren't essential.

I'm not sure if I really worded this very well, but basically - what's your recipe for the perfect name combo?
    Livia, sixteen. I like art in all its forms.

Top Names:

Tobias Rowan Dmitri | August Finnian Beck
    Saskia Maeve Kerensa | Bryony Saoirse Wren

Crushing on: Louis (♂) Emilia (♀)

Namelist

It usually depends on the first name in the combination, then I base it off of there. My top combo for girls is Ivy Eleanor Sage - I used a more classic, lengthy name for the first middle and a spunky nature name for the second middle. I usually try to use opposite styles of names in the combos.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

I pick short first name paired with longer middle. Like Mila Gwenllian or Leda Pomeline. Most of my fave names ends with -a, so I have trouble coming up with combos.

Like @thesorceress, a lot of my favorites end in the letter a as well. I don't really make combos as such, but I am constantly changing up the favorites on my lists. Boys names are much harder for me, meaning I am super picky about my likes and dislikes.

I believe the perfect recipe goes something like this:

- 1 name you (if you're expecting, your partner too) really likes
    - One- two middle names, which you like equally to the first name

DIRECTIONS
    Stir them all together, mix and match, trade places and orders until you find something that sounds good, flows well, and easily rolls off the tongue.
    Shealah
    Teenberry, name loving girl.
    xo

Favorites:
    Lucy, Madeline, Caroline, Kylie, Bryn, Audrey/Aubrey, & Sierra
    Eli, Caden, Camden, Riley and Caleb

Guilty Pleasures:
    Clementine & Tiara

The first name needs to be a name we both like, obviously. Bonus points if it we like the sound and the meaning, or it holds personal meaning to us. Ideally, my husband would like all of our children to have Irish first names like him, so that's what we're going for. We like middle names with significance, so either they follow a naming tradition established by one of our families or they honor a specific family member or something to that effect. Flow is a secondary concern to us. It shouldn't be atrocious, but it doesn't have to be perfect either.
    Mommy to...Maura Lucille

I had a baby today, I would name him/her...
    Patrick Donley or Brigid "Birdie" ???

BOYS: Seamus Arthur or Niall/Neil/Neal James
    GIRLS: ???