Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    I can't say I've ever been angry about a baby name, though some have certainly disappointed me and even annoyed me a bit (boy name on girl, a pet hate). I would never say anything, though a couple of years ago I was being shown photos of a new great-granddaughter of someone I know and someone else asked what her name was. When the reply was 'Addison' I literally just stopped myself from saying, 'What, like the disease?'
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan

Just looked at the Baby Name Genie site... some of the names were fine if not all too appealing to me. But Kenadie? Symonie? Sorelle pronounced like Sorrel to make it "more feminine"? Davleigh or Baden for a girl? Davleigh reminds me of David and Baden of Baden-Wurtenberg (sp?), the region in Germany. Are these people for real?! It's not like it seems as though everyone I know was named by a namenerd, but this is ridiculous. And the site layout is awful.

Sorry, just wanted to rant about it :/ And I was on it for like just five minutes...

I do wonder though, what people on those sites think of Berries/our naming styles?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Bonfireazalea ... could your sister have met a girl called Sian and just been unsure of the spelling? as Sian is a legitimate girls name said very similar to Sean and often getting confused for it.
    Maylea Olivia - My Milly Moo - 28/10/2011.
    Surprise Bump! - 20 weeks tomorrow - Due 15/12/2013!

Bonfireazalea ... could your sister have met a girl called Sian and just been unsure of the spelling? as Sian is a legitimate girls name said very similar to Sean and often getting confused for it.
    Maylea Olivia - My Milly Moo - 28/10/2011.
    Surprise Bump! - 20 weeks tomorrow - Due 15/12/2013!

You know, I don't normally have much to contribute in way of bad names I've come across other than the inevitable Madisyns and whatnot. But reading a news article -- yes an honest to goodness news article -- I found the name Q'ljahnae on a middle school girl. Yes. That made me want to express some choice words to certain parents. It was a rare occasion.
    The closest I've come is wanting to laugh/and/or/gag when my grandparents friends were gushing about their new great grandson named Jeydan. They were kind of irritating to start with though.
    ~ Larissa

Amaryllis Joy
    Savannah Mayfair ~ Bellamy June
    Isla Reverie ~ Holiday Elise ~ Cordelia Maple
    Sage Aurora ~ Madeline Story ~ Laszlo Oliver ~ Darwin Blake
    Gideon Levi ~ Fisher Gray ~ Jasper Elias
    Simon Apollo ~ Orlando Archer
    Phineas Jack

Crushing hard... Saylor Adeline ... Siri Genevieve ... Penrose Elizabeth