Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

NOT going for a cosmetics theme!!!

Ok, It's not quite last minute, but I'm only 31 weeks and my OB already has me coming in once a week and is talking about pulling me out of work because of contractions, so the name panic is truly setting in. My husband and I are on different planets when it comes to names. We honored his grandmother with our toddler and are hoping to honor my Grammy with this one. She was Edith. We were down to Edith, Elinor, Estelle and Elizabeth, when someone on here pointed out to me that Arden (my toddler's real name) and Elizabeth would sound like the cosmetics version of Dolce and Gabanna. It had never crossed my mind!!! I don't love the meaning of Edith itself, can't use an El- nickname (family) and with Kim and Kanye using Nori, Elinor is out. And I have fallen in love with the Swedish Princess Estelle. So I was pretty sure we were going with Estelle.

My toddler goes by Birdie Mae, so I was looking for a nickname that would work and Estelle Rosalie nn Essie Rose was the plan. But Essie just doesn't roll of the tongue for me and I keep calling the baby Este.

Am I back to the cosmetics problem - Arden and Este?!?!?!?! I know that Este Lauder is actually an Esther, but really? Is that the first thing that people will think? Will I be an example on one of those ridiculous sibsets threads???
    Luckiest woman in the world!

Mom to Logan Hunter, Savanna Nichole, Avonlea Noel and Arden "Birdie" Mae

Step-mom to Austin Ray, Haley Caroline, Kelsey Suzanne

and expecting someone else December 19!

I think Arden and Este sound really cute together!

You could do Elinor called Nora instead of Nori. Or maybe Eden instead of Edith? Edie and Edie Rose are good nicknames. It sounds like you use nicknames a lot, what would Elizabeth's nickname be? I'm not sure it would be very obvious if you have and Arden and Elizabeth nicknamed Birdie and Libby (or whatever it is), especially with other siblings showing that it's not a cosmetics theme. I would personally much rather be named Elinor, Eden or Elizabeth than Estelle or Edith.

I quite like Estelle.

If i met an Arden and Este, i wouldn't make the cosmetic connection, unlike Elizabeth and Arden which is quite full on! But is it likely that they would often be Arden and Este, or would they more likely be Birdie and Este or Arden and Estelle? If one is a nn and one is a full name, then i think you're fine.
    ~ Mama to Juniper and expecting Arlo at the end of May ~

Beautiful Firsts with Family Middles:
    ~ Callie Susannah- Beatrice Pearl "Bliss" - Celeste Maybelle - Veda Rosalie ~

~ Zephyr Joseph Yeats - Nate Arthur Miles ~