Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Quentin!

Hybrid View

Quentin!

I'd love to know what you berries think of the name Quentin. My husband brought it up recently, and it's been growing on me. It's less common, but definitely not unheard of. Intelligent sounding, but not too "nerdy." There are a couple of nickname possibilities. It hits basically all of my naming criteria. The only downside is that I don't think our family members would like it, so I just want to gather some other people's opinions of it.

Thanks!

Mama to Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore || ??
    Catherine Violet || Ava Kathleen

Oh, this is one of my favs! Quentin is absolutely dashing. It has a slightly modern, daring edge, while at the same time feeling very established and familiar. I'd expect a Quentin to be a handsome, intelligent sort of a guy with a magnetic personality and a great sense of humour. I'd also expect him to have a bit of an adventurous streak... not just playing it safe...
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    I'd expect a Quentin to be a handsome, intelligent sort of a guy with a magnetic personality and a great sense of humour. I'd also expect him to have a bit of an adventurous streak... not just playing it safe...
    My husband loves this name mostly because of Teddy Roosevelt's son, and from what I've read, this describes him exactly!

Thanks everyone for the input so far!

Mama to Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore || ??
    Catherine Violet || Ava Kathleen

I agree. Super handsome, and like you said, less common, but definitely not unheard of. I think it has an edginess to it without having fallen prey to the hipster trends.
    Last edited by emsky; October 18th, 2013 at 02:57 PM.

Love Quentin! It's established, but not overused. Sounds firm and steady, but the Q gives it just the right amount of quirk. I picture a Quentin as handsome, strong, intelligent and quiet.
    Obsessing over names since 1964