Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

a brother for Hugo....please help! x

hi. im expecting my 2nd son anyday now and really need a name. our first born is Hugo James Reed so it has to suit that style of name. my husband is very set on Monty but im not so keen. Names i like are Oscar,Henry and possibly Arthur....hubby says they are 'ok' but to be honest i would prefer a name less common name anyway so really need some advice and ideas.
    i guess if i had to sum up the style im looking for it would be quite posh sounding but masculine and not a common name.

thankyou in advance for any ideas xx

Maybe have Monty as a middle name?

Jasper might be my favourite, it's classic, not too common and has the same vibe as Hugo (for me)
    Theo(dore)
    Felix
    Maxim
    Milo
    Elliott
    August(us)
    Benedict
    Nicholas
    Lucas
    Sebastian
    Caspar / Casper

I like Oscar or Arthur with Hugo. Not sure about Monty.... How about Amos?

Of the ones you listed, I like Henry. If you don't want the double H though, I like Arthur 2nd best. Not sure how I feel about Monty. It seems to be more of a nickname. I like Mortimer and have known a Mortimer to go by Monty.

Suggestions:
    Rowan
    Leopold
    Ambrose
    Atticus
    Ansel
    Rory
    Cormac
    Asher
    Otis
    Ronan
    Roscoe
    Phineas
    Walter
    Ewan
    Last edited by nymphalis antiopa; October 18th, 2013 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Iphone auto-correct is plotting to ruin my life.
    Mommy of Juniper Teagan & Pyrus Nikolai

Catkin Winifred, Owl Arianrhod, Celandine Ceridwen, Heliotrope Isolde, Nettle Chiyo, Chicory Tallulah, Pennyroyal Matilda, Wedelia Imogen, Mallow Araminta, Dandelion Jane
    Senna Lazarus, Bramble Gideon, Comfrey Azrael, Thistle Dorian, Huckleberry Iver, Larkspur Saul, Bear Cornelius, Yarrow Barnaby, Sol Aurelius, Hawthorn Otis, Centaury Eben

New Crushes: Criofan, Silver, Bastet, and Noctua
    http://bloominggardenofnames.blogspot.com/[

I love Hugo and Arthur, and as far as I know Arthur is not very common!
    Hugo has always been one of my favourites and I have always imagined pairing it with Ezra, Silas or Linus.
    Good luck!
    20 yr old name nerd, nanny & health and nutrition undergrad

Loving for the ladies: Harriet, Olive, Daphne and Frances
    And for the gentlemen: Peter, Charles and Beau (much harder than girls for me)

In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer -Albert Camus