Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Amelia-Lily

Sorry it took so long for me to get back,
    @lilia I get your point but don't most people with a hyphenated name go by their first name? I don't actually know anyone who has one they just seem so mystical for me.
    @Jess thanks
    @Athena and Janna I don't get the whole Cutesy name thing I know two teenaged Ellie's and their fine and Mae is an established name.
    @Valeria I can see what you mean, I just like Amelia-Lily together for some reason I can't point out why and I normally hate pop culture baby names.

Anyone else?
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com

I've never heard the singer's voice (or any of her songs), but I do know that Amelia-Lily is super connected to a singer who won an X Factor or whatever, and I know a lot a lot a lot of people will think of that. I don't know if it would be as bad as using Harry if your ln was Styles, but I still wouldn't pick a name that really only has ties to someone that is a celebrity like that. I am not a huge fan of Amelia, but I love Lily, and I think they are nice together--it just strikes me as an odd double-barrel. I can't see people calling her Amelia-Lily all the time. I think Lily Amelia--not as a double-barrel, just as a combo--or even Lily Emilia or Lily Emmeline--would be lovely, though.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I've never heard the singer's voice (or any of her songs), but I do know that Amelia-Lily is super connected to a singer who won an X Factor or whatever, and I know a lot a lot a lot of people will think of that. I don't know if it would be as bad as using Harry if your ln was Styles, but I still wouldn't pick a name that really only has ties to someone that is a celebrity like that. I am not a huge fan of Amelia, but I love Lily, and I think they are nice together--it just strikes me as an odd double-barrel. I can't see people calling her Amelia-Lily all the time. I think Lily Amelia--not as a double-barrel, just as a combo--or even Lily Emilia or Lily Emmeline--would be lovely, though.
    I spoke to a few friends who live in England, and they all basically said that, over there, naming your daughter Amelia-Lily would be as bad as having 5 sons named Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall & Zayn.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

I don't know anything about the singer, I've never heard of her before. I think Amelia-Lily is very cute, I especially love Ashthedreamer's suggestion on Lily Emilia. If you really love the name I suggest you keep it on your list, it's a dashing name in my opinion.
    Possible Names:

Liam Ezra Aoife Roisin Fionn Mordecai Clara Rosemary Leo Benedict Eloise Clodagh

Lysander * Hyperion * Oliver * Roderick * Seamus * Niall * Edmund * Draco * Tadhg
    Lilyanna * Lux * Saoirse * Helena * Emma * Luna * Ellie * Ava * Arurora

@Ash I love Lily Emmeline never thought of that. And Amelia-Lily came eighth on the x factor
    @Haley never realised it was that bad their were 21 Amelia-Lily's born last year in the UK
    @Kyla thanks
    ☆Isobel★Eloise☆Matilda★Alice☆Eleanor★ Amelia☆ Elena★Mirabel☆ Felicity★Phoebe ☆Eilidh ★Rosalia☆Roisin★Azalea☆Elsa★Arabella☆ Genevieve★Elodie☆Ruby★Charlotte☆
    ★☆★
    ☆Eamon★Tiago☆Cooper★Jack☆Jago★Flynn☆ Archer★Lincoln☆Asher★Alfie☆Taylor★Baxter ☆Finnian★Lawson☆Jasper★Lewis ★Oscar☆Fletcher★Caspian☆Miller★
    babynameobsessed.worpress.com