Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Amelia-Lily

Sorry it took so long for me to get back,
    @lilia I get your point but don't most people with a hyphenated name go by their first name? I don't actually know anyone who has one they just seem so mystical for me.
    @Jess thanks
    @Athena and Janna I don't get the whole Cutesy name thing I know two teenaged Ellie's and their fine and Mae is an established name.
    @Valeria I can see what you mean, I just like Amelia-Lily together for some reason I can't point out why and I normally hate pop culture baby names.

Anyone else?
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

I've never heard the singer's voice (or any of her songs), but I do know that Amelia-Lily is super connected to a singer who won an X Factor or whatever, and I know a lot a lot a lot of people will think of that. I don't know if it would be as bad as using Harry if your ln was Styles, but I still wouldn't pick a name that really only has ties to someone that is a celebrity like that. I am not a huge fan of Amelia, but I love Lily, and I think they are nice together--it just strikes me as an odd double-barrel. I can't see people calling her Amelia-Lily all the time. I think Lily Amelia--not as a double-barrel, just as a combo--or even Lily Emilia or Lily Emmeline--would be lovely, though.
    Lise
    twenty-something name lover dreaming of adoption.

Isabelle | Arianne | Olivia | Violet | Catherine | Emmeline | Lillian | Charlotte | Eleni | Anne-Sophie | Tess | Eva | Winter | Hazel
    Caleb | Everett | Jack | Avery | Zane | Samuel | Grant | Declan | Brody | Bailey | Addison | Leo | Grayson

"Ma patrie, c’est la langue française." - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by ashthedreamer View Post
    I've never heard the singer's voice (or any of her songs), but I do know that Amelia-Lily is super connected to a singer who won an X Factor or whatever, and I know a lot a lot a lot of people will think of that. I don't know if it would be as bad as using Harry if your ln was Styles, but I still wouldn't pick a name that really only has ties to someone that is a celebrity like that. I am not a huge fan of Amelia, but I love Lily, and I think they are nice together--it just strikes me as an odd double-barrel. I can't see people calling her Amelia-Lily all the time. I think Lily Amelia--not as a double-barrel, just as a combo--or even Lily Emilia or Lily Emmeline--would be lovely, though.
    I spoke to a few friends who live in England, and they all basically said that, over there, naming your daughter Amelia-Lily would be as bad as having 5 sons named Harry, Louis, Liam, Niall & Zayn.

I don't know anything about the singer, I've never heard of her before. I think Amelia-Lily is very cute, I especially love Ashthedreamer's suggestion on Lily Emilia. If you really love the name I suggest you keep it on your list, it's a dashing name in my opinion.
    Possible Names:

Liam Ezra Aoife Roisin Fionn Mordecai Clara Rosemary Leo Benedict Eloise Clodagh

Lysander * Hyperion * Oliver * Roderick * Seamus * Niall * Edmund * Draco * Tadhg
    Lilyanna * Lux * Saoirse * Helena * Emma * Luna * Ellie * Ava * Arurora

@Ash I love Lily Emmeline never thought of that. And Amelia-Lily came eighth on the x factor
    @Haley never realised it was that bad their were 21 Amelia-Lily's born last year in the UK
    @Kyla thanks
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com