23 40.35%
  • Rosemary

7 12.28%
  • Rosalie

27 47.37%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Favorite "Rose" Name?

Hi all,

I really like the idea of using a "Rose" name for my daughter. I love how it is a classic, beautiful, and somewhat unusual name. It is also a family name that has significant meaning to me, plus I adore the nickname Rosie. I had planned on simply using the name Rose, but now I am unsure. I would love some help in deciding which name to use.

Thanks!

I love just plain Rose, but there are a lot of other sweet "Rose" names. Some of my favourites are: Rosalie, Rosalind and Rosamond.
    Alice - Beatrix - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Harriet - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

My middle name is Rosalie, so I'm slightly biased
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden

Hmm...

Rose is gorgeous and was my favourite girl's name, until I realised that the flow of Rose with my surname clashed dreadfully. Therefore when I stumbled across Rosalie I was thrilled because she worked with my surname and I still got my beloved Rose. Now Rosalie under much reconstruction of my naming list is still my favourite. A strong favourite of mine! Rosalie has a lot of class, feels very style, she's elegant, and sounds sweet. I love the nicknames surrounding Rosalie; Rose, Rosa, Rosie, Lee, and Ro. I think if you just love Rose go with that name. But, if you'd rather a longer name with the Rose nickname, use Rosalie she's just great, despite Rosemary being amazing, Rosalie is just beautiful. Very lush and elegant.

: )

Of your three, Rosemary is my favorite. But my real favorite Rose name is Rosaline (said as ros-eh-line)

There's also these that I love:

Primrose
    Proserpina -- It's got rose in the middle and she's the Roman version of my daughters name.
    Roselani -- ros-eh-lah-nee -- heavenly rose
    Rosezana
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014