Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Let's talk about Eliane!

Any of you who have been following my posts recently will probably remember me talking about an adorable little eight-year-old who lit up my life and passed away on Christmas day with a rare form of leukemia. I've been struggling with finding a way to honor her, as I can't really imagine me using her actual name (Delaney, which is cute, and I like it, but I can't see Delaney fitting in with my other favorites. Isabelle and Delaney? Eva and Delaney? Charlotte and Delaney? I suppose it's not a terrible fit, but it seems starkly surnamey/unisex compared to all my other favorites, even as a middle). I had tossed around Elena, which I quite like, but find hard to place, and Lane, which is too street-ish for me.

But recently I rediscovered Eliana, which led me to Eliane, which I love for its French, elfish, quirky, romantic sort of vibe. It's so fun to say, and yet so simple. Both Eliana and Eliane are rumored to mean "sun" or "my God has answered"--which seem to perfectly encapsulate my relationship with Laney--she was my little sunshine, brightening up my day, and even though we may not seem to understand, I think God answered all of our prayers in the best way possible. I like that it even incorporates her middle name, Ann, a bit. My only concern? Where to put it! I've tossed around Rachel Eliane, Catherine Eliane, and Charlotte Eliane, but I'm not tied to any of them yet. Do you think it works well as a middle for any of the FNs in my signature? What FN would you pair with it? I've tossed around Hazel Eliane, Verity Eliane, and Madeleine Eliane, etc. Any other ideas?

Thanks, ladies!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Like Eliane. It's pretty name.
    Tristan Gilbert°Robin Amaury°Leon Percival°Edmund Theoderic°Finn Beowulf°Magnus Oberon°Thorin Elliot°Edric Maximilian°Emil Orlando
    Freya Elysant°Belle Seraphina°Leda Cassiopeia°Briony Rosaline°Charlotte Romilly°Lotus Dorothea°Aurora Nimue°Cecily Eliska, Mabel Celestina
    girl & boy

I love Eliane. My favorite from the examples you stated would have to be Charlotte Eliane.
    Teen Nameberry, not planning on having kids anytime soon but name obsessed
    Loving: Rosalind Eve, Adelaide Miriam, Genevieve Delilah
    Sebastian Malachi, Theodore Nathaniel, Zachary Ezra, Benedict Asher

I've never heard Eliane before and I like it. You just discover a very pretty name, imo. Charlotte Eliane and Rachel Eliane are my favourites, but I think Violet Eliane sounds lovely too.
    Call me Cynthia, Angie, or Luna. 22. Name nerd.

Clemency | Clementine | Juliette | Helena | Isabelle | Annabelle | Evangeline | Seraphina | Rosalind | Violetta
    Vanessa | Audrey | Ariadne | Callista | Belphoebe | Bellatrix | Lyra | Valencia | Valentina | Laetitia | Cytherea
    Gavriel | Hermes | Flynn | James | Orion | Alexander | Caspian | Peregrine | Marius | Altair | Lucias
    Callum | Cadmus | Jason | Perseus | Theseus | Oliver | Éomund | Stellan | Amias

Thanks! I rather liked it, too, when I came across it! I am really loving Verity Eliane and Hazel Eliane, as well as maybe Hannah Eliane Lenore? Is the Anna/Ahn part too much with Hannah Eliane? For some reason I quite like it. Verity and Hazel never seem to make it to my list, but I love both, and really love Eliane with both.

I think my problem with every option I come up with seems too far from her actual name to actually honor her, so I'm considering just using Delaney as a middle, even though I feel like it doesn't really suit my list. Can you see Delaney working as a middle with any of my favorites in my signature? I'm tossing around Isabelle Grace Delaney, but meh, I don't like it anywhere near as much as Isabelle Aurora Grace. Same with Charlotte Eva Delaney or Eva Madelief Delaney...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory