Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Making a New List

Its been a couple of months since I've been able to devote some time to my favourite hobby - finding new names! I've come across some new gems and revisited some old favourites and I'd love to hear some opinions on them.

DISCLAIMER: Not pregnant, TTC, or planning future children. Just collecting for fun!

Rosabel
    Anastasia
    Ivy
    Lilia
    Molly
    Faye
    Victoria
    Lucy
    Seraphina
    Annabel
    Lydia
    Aurora
    Nina

Thanks in advance for any replies x
    ]

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Annabel, Rosalind, Ivy, Alice, Lilia, Rosabel, Victoria, Faye, Anastasia, Molly.
    Charlie, Noah, Arthur, William, Dexter, Henry, Luca, Ethan, Samuel, Isaac, Finn.

Rosabel - quite like this Feminine, frilly and yet, it has cute nicknames, such as Rosa, Rosie, Bella and Belle.
    Anastasia - don't mind this, I had a friend named Anastasia, who goes by Stacey for short, but I think that takes away from it's elegance. She's the only one I know though, so I'm not entirely sure what other nicknames there are. I prefer Ana or Stasia though.
    Ivy - ADORE this! My godparents just had a little girl and named her Ivy Marie, it's so gorgeous!
    Lilia - I like this, but fear that it is too close to Lila, and, will always become Lily :/
    Molly - I have a close friend named this, and I think it really suits her, it's fun and bubbly just like she is, however, she's being teased right now thanks to Miley Cyrus' .....'charming' song, We Can't Stop. ('dancing with molly' = taking ecstacy)
    Faye - LOVE
    Victoria - bleh, I know about 12 Victoria's, and all but 2 are girls I dislike, so I haven't got many nice things to say. I dislike all Victoria's nicknames, apart from Plum.
    Lucy - prefer Lucinda or Louisa, with Lucy as a nn
    Annabel - this name is actually sort of special to me, I have a baby doll (the first I applied my name nerd-ing skills to) who was Annabell when I got her, but I strongly disliked how incomplete that looked (I was like...7), so changed it to Annabelle, then later dropped the le and made it Annabel. She's the only toy from my childhood that I actually cannot sleep without (at 18 years old...this is actually kind of sad), so the name has a special place in my heart, even though my reasoning's somewhat pathetic.
    Lydia - my cousin dated a Lydia, and she was terrifying, so really bad images with this.
    Aurora - like this
    Nina - not a fan, prefer other 'ina' names, such as Averina, Alexina, Seraphina, Valentina and Martina.

Rosabel - I like this a lot! Combines two very classic names into a flowery bouquet.
    Anastasia - Love this one, have since I was about three years-old, I prefer Stasia (Stah-ZEE-uh) as a nickname than Stacey.
    Ivy - I like this as a christmas-y kind of name.
    Lilia - I agree, I think of Lila or even Livia, so it could work but it may be misheard more than once.
    Molly - I like this, I think of Enid Blyton's The Wishing Chair Series, so it has a fantasy element to it. The downside it being a common name for dogs.
    Faye - This is close to one of my middle names, I don't mind it, but it doesn't excite me.
    Victoria - Victoria sounds harsh to me. In my head it has a scourned woman connotation - no idea why!
    Lucy - My Dad loves this name! He always wanted to adopt a little Chinese girl and name her Lucy, I have no idea why. When I was younger (eleven, twelve maybe?) I wanted to name a little girl Lucinda, but I find the simplicity of Lucy flattering, although I do love a good nickname!
    Seraphina - I can't get into this, it was a cat in a Barbie movie, and it just doesn't appeal to me, I prefer: Angelina or Evangeline/a
    Annabel - I didn't really fall in love with this until I saw Annabel "Anna" on Vampire Diaries. So now I find it incredibly endearing.
    Lydia - I like this now, I didn't use to, because I thought it sound harsh. But I think its nice and Lydie as a nickname. I think of the character on Mrs. Doubtfire.
    Aurora - An all time favourite to me, it completely epitomizes stars, snow and magic blowing across a pine glade.
    Nina - I like this, but only as a NN, like for Nikolina.

Jessica Emily Faith
    German/South African/Scottish/English/Irish/Romani
    Elsa: Mystical, magical, completely unique, baffling and all her own

Ronan: Spicy, little boys wearing plaid shirts, running around in kneeless jeans, playing in the mud and being mischievous.
    Other considerations
    Esther- Wade - Romy - Carter

Rosabel - lovely, gentle, playful, joyful, love it!
    Anastasia - OK
    Ivy - not a fan
    Lilia - OK, nice enough
    Molly - dislike
    Faye - love the mythology, dislike the sound
    Victoria - like the sound and it's just about my style, but it's not on my list. May add it, it's nice name
    Lucy - some popular names are just beautiful, this is the one
    Seraphina - lovely, angelic, my add it on my list
    Annabel - once loved it, but various spelling confused me
    Lydia - OK
    Aurora - love!
    Nina - popular name in Croatia, spunky, but overdone to me, but OK name.
    Sorry for mistakes, I am foreigner.
    If you like unusual and remarkable names, use them!
    Freya Romilly/ Melody Elysia/ Belle Seraphina/ Eva Melisande/ Elodie Sunniva
    Leon Percival/ Tristan Wulfric/ Magnus Oberon/ Finn Beowulf/ Arthur Peregrine

Thanks for the opinions thus far. My own favourite is Rosabel, but I wouldn't use it up front when Daisy already has a flower name. It'll probably have to be a middle name, boo
    ]

Mama to Amelie Clara (2008) & Daisy Madeline (2013).

Lucy, Annabel, Rosalind, Ivy, Alice, Lilia, Rosabel, Victoria, Faye, Anastasia, Molly.
    Charlie, Noah, Arthur, William, Dexter, Henry, Luca, Ethan, Samuel, Isaac, Finn.