Results 1 to 5 of 9
October 16th, 2013 06:07 PM #1
help me replace the newest rejects by DH
My husband has rejected a new batch of my faves!
I have such a hard time getting him to agree on names! He always gives me the wierdest reasons why he doesnt like the names... ( i wrote his "reasons" below!
So here are the recent rejects! I would love suggestions on how to replace them!!!
- Dean ... he said " like DINNER? (DEANER)...
- Abraham ( he likes Abe but sayd our future son is not an old man with a white beard)
-Blaise ( said...Like Blaze? as in smking pot?)
- Augusten or varation of... He said NO I hate Gus its like disGUSting
-Silas ( i think I can still convince him of this but he said NO... no reason just No
So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me replace these 5!!!
Thanks!boys names drive me crazy!
October 16th, 2013 06:53 PM #3
Hm, too bad. Let's see...these will probably be quite random...
Dean -- James (or is James one of your son's middles?), Robert/Robin, Glen, Geoffrey, Sean, Scot, or Roland?
Abraham -- Bram, Abram, Isaac, Alexander, Alasdair/Alastair/Alistair, Graham, or Moses (though Moses might not solve the long-beard problem)?
Blaise -- Pascal, Antoine, Jerome, Soren, or Louis?
Augusten (I don't like Gus either, though I do like August/Augusten/Augustine) -- Aurel/Aurelian/Aurelius, Valerian, Austin, Julian/Julius, Lucian/Lucien/Lucius, or Tarquin?
Silas -- Silvanus/Sylvanus/Sylvan, Sebastian, Barnabas, Paul, Timothy, Rufus, Linus, Calvin, Erastus, Simon, or Titus?
Any of these strike your fancy? Best wishes!"He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet
October 16th, 2013 07:19 PM #5Senior Member
Mama to Nora.
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan/Euan. Graham. John (Johnny). Dean. Wesley (Wes). Reid. Grady. Jasper. Samuel (Sam). Gus. Miles/Milo.
Sylvie. Gwyneth (Gwen). Bonnie. Elise. Rosanna (Zanna). Eve. Margot. Iris. Esme. Annemarie (Marie). Greta. Phoebe (Bee). Lucy (Lulu).
October 16th, 2013 10:41 PM #7
@auroradawn... YES DS middle name is James!
I really like Alasdair, Abram, Linus, and Sebastian. But our last name beings with AL and DH alsready vetoed Alma for girls due to that... I will try for Abram and see about Linus! As for sebastian we know 3!!! So its a little too popular for me to want to actually use!
@Sllah... I know his reasons are crazy! When I wanted to name our first son Atticus he said it sounded like Attic... I told him that YES it did sound a little like attic but who cares... apparently he did!!! LOL
I like Everett, Grant and Vincent! Vincent IS already on our list and has been DH approved! I like Grant but Im not sure is sounds good in Spanish which is what we speak at home and the only language that DH's family speaks.... Maybe he will go for everett???
Any other suggestions?boys names drive me crazy!
October 17th, 2013 09:02 AM #9
- Dean- Marcus, Graham, Grant, Mark, Philip, Peter, Patrick, Paul, Nolan, Christian, Oskar, Lewis, Lawrence, Clarence, Colin, Frederick, Franklin, Heath, George, Henry, Wesley, Allen, Arthur, Anton, Alec, Byron, Clark, Kirk, Cole, Kent, Dallin, Damien, Duncan, Forrest, Marshall, Mitchell, Neil, Nicholas,
- Abraham- I knew 2 really young, handsome Abes... Ezra, Gideon, Reuben, Jericho, Amos, Jude, Judah, Asher, Simon, Simeon, Ephraim, Eliezer, Malachi, Josiah, Abel, Ezekiel, Eugene, Dennis, Eben, Enoch,
-Blaise- Blake, Blaine, Rainier, Teague, Keane, Nevin, Corbin, Dominic, Malcolm, Evander, Emrys, Kenyon, Quentin,
- Augusten- Constantine, Walden, Edison, Casimir, Orion, Caelum, Roland, Cassius, Cassian, Amias, Soren, Leif, Montgomery,
-Silas- Toby, Cyrus, Casper, Jasper, Calvin, Clive, Piers, Rufus, Bruno, Darius, Booker, Pascal, RaffertyINTJ Anthropologist Living in the centre of China, married to a Persian, and just enjoying a completely unpredictable life
Emiliana Pari 郑煜曈 7/14
Raphael Kaveh, Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia
Beatrice Tamineh, Viola Katayoun