Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Poet, Sonnet, Story...Love 'em but scared!

Like many of us, my taste in names is ever-evolving. I am currently stuck on Poet, Sonnet and Story as names for a girl!
    I am not adventurous enough (at least not today) to use these as first names. I doubt my husband would go for them anyways! I would love to use one as a middle name though!

So some questions for you berries out there:

1. What do you think of these 3 names?
    2. What is your favorite and why?
    3. Are any of them realistically usable, or are they a setup for mocking and weird looks?
    4. What are some names similar in style and feel that are not so "out there" and literal?

Thank you, I really look forward to seeing what everyone has to say!!!!!

I don't like these three names as first names. I know they're popular here, but they're too word-ish for me, especially since I am a writer. I don't think their classmates would make fun of them, but adults might think they're very odd. They might make very nice middle names, especially if you are a writer or a voracious reader or a poetry fan. Clementine Story, Everly Poet, or Julia Sonnet would be very nice combinations, for instance.

I think all three are very pretty. Story (and Paisley) are on my list. I have been discussing both with people, not on naming forums, which leads to discussions on lots of -wordy- names and I have gotten a lot of positive feedback on them. When I hear of an actual person with these names I fall more in love with them each time. If I have enough guts to use -wordy- names for a first I will use a more conservative Middle. You could use the -wordy- name in the middle and call the child by their middle name.
    Maebry Eloise o Avia Juniper o Indie Rose Clementine
    Piers Lachlan o Roan August o Emerson Gray o Bennett Wolf
    -------------------- o -------------------- o ---------------------

heart my son

Going to keep it short:

I really like them all for three darling little girls. Personally, they remind me a modern uptake--if someone had daughters named Faith, Hope, & Charity. Or somewhere along those lines.

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

Caspian & Lilias

● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● • ● ● • ● • ● • ● • ● •

I like them okay. Serenity is my favourite of those types of names
    ~~~~~~14 year old Canadian geek~~~~~~
    Girls:
    Alaska, Laila, Jasmine, Rachel, Amara, Daine, Anne, Sarai, Caroline, Alianne, Freya, Sophie, Coraline, Beth
    Combos: Alaska Jasmine, Alianne Inara, Laila Coraline, Freya Sarai, Anne Zaina, Rachel Amira, Amara May, Sophie Noor, Beth Aziza
    Boys:
    Avery, Rowan, Stellan, Sky, Dusk, Hart, Castiel, Alastair
    Combos: Dusk Alexander, Sky Amir, Hart Ismail