Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Talk to me about Olivia

I really, really love Olivia.

I desperately wanted my first daughter to be an Olivia, but it was quickly decided that it was just too popular and we went with the slightly more unusual Cassia instead. Of course I love her name, and I guess I am kind of glad it is a little more distinctive, but still...

So, today, whilst in the middle of new baby duties, it suddenly struck me. All I ever hear about the name Olivia is that it's "sooo popular" and not much else, and I was wondering, popularity aside...what are your opinions on this name?
    Cassia Faye (Dec 2009) & Elowen Audrey (May 2013)

Cassia is beautiful!

I think you made the right choice - Olivia is a pretty name, but it really is everywhere, and has become boring to me. So while it's a crowd favorite, I wouldn't expect lots of oohs and ahhs over it.

I love Olivia- it's sweet, spunky, pretty, girly, modern but with a history. I think of Twelfth Night which is one of my favourite Shakespeare plays. Cassia is also pretty and fresh and more unique though.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love Olivia! It's on my top 3. I don't give a hoot about popularity--I love it for its ties to Shakespeare, peace, and my little sister (who has a Christmas name, and Olivia's meaning has to do with elves. ). I love the spunky Liv, and the vintagy Olive, and the sweet and adorable Livy. I would absolutely love to have an Olivia one day--I love it to pieces.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle + Arianne + Olivia + Violet + Charlotte + Emmeline + Grace + Eleni
    Caleb + Everett + Jack + Avery + Samuel + Caspar + Grant + Rory

Olivia is a very pretty name. To me it's perfect for a shy, quiet little girl, and I love the nickname Liv.
    I wouldn't use it because I'm afraid it will become dated due to its popularity, plus I'm always drawn to the hunt of finding some rare gem of a name. I have a very popular name so that's probably why I prefer the rare ones.
    New username is @ truenature