Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

ma HELP! Home from hospital with NO NAME!

Well what I feared would happen has happened! We are home from the hospital with our beautiful baby girl and have not agreed on a name. We were originally going to name her lucca vienne (pronounced like Luca but in honor of lucca Italy) but have had some very negative feedback (because it's a boy name) along with some very positive feedback. Dh still wants this to be her name and while I once was 100% sure it was the name I'm having a hard time commiting now because of feedback. I'm not sure she looks like a lucca either. Our other contender for a long time was mattea vienne but now dh doesn't like mattea...just had a change of heart I guess. But when I look at her I think she could be a mattea.

Other contenders were/are vienne lucca, mila vienne (which dh really likes but I'm unsure...makes me think of Mira the word for look in Spanish. Also Camilla/Camille is out as a full name), Layla vienne (another dh pick), lucca Juliette (can't do Juliette as first name as there is a cousin Julian).

Any other suggestions or feedback? I like unique but not so out there, feminine and spunky. I will never name a child juniper, marigold, Hespera etc. but I'm not an Ava, Sophia kind of gal either. Baby girl has a big brother named 0liver h@zen.

Please help!

I'm not a fan of Luca, even on boys. And I fear the extra C might make it confusing for people trying to pronounce the name from reading it.

I think Mila Vienne is wonderful, so that gets my vote. If you do still want to use Lucca, I would say put it in the middle spot and go with Vienne Luca.
    New username is @ truenature

If you're only concern with Lucca is what other people have said, ignore everyone else. Getting feedback is good, it's important even to hear what other people think so you'll have an idea of what your child might have to deal with, but in the end, you have to listen to your heart and what feels right for you and your family. Does Lucca, Italy have some significance for you? If so, that's all that matters. If Lucca really isn't going to work, you have lots of other options. I don't find the similarity between Mila and mira to be bad. It means look, which I'm assuming you already know, but it's a powerful word, imo. Look, see, sight... literal meanings, sure, but the intent behind telling someone to look, to see is powerful stuff. It evokes curiosity, wisdom, passion, joy. Mila Vienne is probably my favorite of your picks.

Some others you may or may not be interested in:

Alessa
    Allegra
    Annika
    Arcadia
    Aria
    Astoria
    Bianca
    Chiara
    Claudia
    Clio
    Cosima
    Faustine
    Fiora
    Gemma
    Ginevra
    Indra
    Jocasta
    Lyra
    Nora
    Tressa
    Una
    Vera
    Considering...
    Cordelia Eilonwy Snow ● Evadne Undomiel Snow ● Isabeau Sophronia Blanche ● Lorelei Nimue Ondine
    Pandora Vivienne Swan ● Thisbe Octavia Wildrose ● Thora Ilythia Swan

●●● ●●● ●●●
    Caspian Ithuriel Wilder ● Damian Rainer Sparrow ● Evander Ithuriel Sol
    Gwydion Alaric Hart ● Malachi Tristan Bjorn ● Phineas Robin Blaise ● Theodore Peregrine Llyr

our furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

I think Lucca would be pronounced "luck-uh", not "luke-uh" (Now that I say that, I'm not even sure how you pronounce Lucca!) I don't prefer this name on a girl, it doesn't look or sound feminine enough for me personally.

I really, really, really like Vienne as a first name, goes well with 0*liver too.

Mila is a great name also, I don't mind that it is close to Mira, I love both names.

I love the name Juliette! It's a bummer you can't use it. (Depending on how close you are with that family or how often you see that cousin, could you still go with Juliette and just share the similar name with another family member?)

I think Layla is ok, I prefer Lillian to Layla though.

If you like Mila, what about Miriam to use the nn Miri?

I also like Penelope, nn Penny and Josephine nn Josie or JoJo.

What about Anastasia, Rosemary, Rosalie, Callista (nn Callie), Victoria, Adele, Genevieve, Nicolette, Scarlet, Caroline....?

Maybe

Letitia
    Leila
    Leah
    Lexine
    Alexandra
    Luvina

I think any of those might go with Vienne. You have some pretty name combos to choose from.