Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ottoline or Ottilie?

We are expecting a girl in January and are planning on naming her either Ottoline or Ottilie? We are having trouble deciding between the two. I was leaning towards Ottoline but in my head I can see myself shortening it a using Ottilie as nn so then I am not sure so then I am not sure if we should use that as her formal fn? I wanted to thank everyone who has commented on my previous threads I have actually found the feedback very helpful. So my questions for you are:

1) In general do you prefer Ottoline or Ottilie? And why?

2) Which name do you think would work better with my sibset?

3) If I end up shortening Ottoline to Ottilie should I just use Ottilie as the formal fn?

Thanks!
    Andie - John,Thomas,Isla,Freya,Marigold

I think Ottilie goes better with the sibset!
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.

Ottilie by far. While I think that Otto is quite charming for a boy, Ottoline just sounds wrong somehow and very old-fashioned. Besides, Ottilie would go smashingly well with your children's names where I think Ottoline would have a clunky feel to it with the others.
    Zelia • Twenty • Film, history and royalty connoisseur • I have a personal blog and one about royalty
    Exporting beautiful old Danish names, exotic Greenlandic names and Greenlandic sibling names
    Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor "Theo" • Alexander Adelin Lórien "Sasha" • Asa Edouard Ivik
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia "Mimi" • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel "Tilda" • Gaia Margaret Undómiel • Asta Catherine Françoise "Shazza"

Ottilie!!!! I think that the OTTO begining of OTTOLINE sounds more masculaine somehow!

Ottilie is Adorable!
    boys names drive me crazy!

I read a book with a little girl called Ottilie and I thought it was precious!! I really like this name!