Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sadie

Sadie

So we both love the idea of a little Sadie. It feels so spunky and sweet at the same time. We've been planning on using Sadie as a nickname for Isadora. My only concern with that is if we use Isadora, it takes Isabeau, Pandora and Thora out of the running, which makes me sad. Are there any other names you can think of that Sadie could work with? I won't use just Sadie, it's a nickname only to me. I don't want a Sarah/Sara, although it's a beautiful name. I've been considering Serafina nn Sadie, which doesn't seem too much of a stretch. Any other suggestions?
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander

Can't you use it for Isabeau? You will need to choose between Isabeau and Isadora at some point, and because of Pandora, it seems like Isadora will fall off your list.

Suggestions:
    Apsara
    Cassandra
    Corisande
    Elysande
    Lysandra
    Melisande
    Odessa
    Rosalind
    Saraide
    My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014

Quote Originally Posted by redwoodfey View Post
    So we both love the idea of a little Sadie. It feels so spunky and sweet at the same time. We've been planning on using Sadie as a nickname for Isadora. My only concern with that is if we use Isadora, it takes Isabeau, Pandora and Thora out of the running, which makes me sad. Are there any other names you can think of that Sadie could work with? I won't use just Sadie, it's a nickname only to me. I don't want a Sarah/Sara, although it's a beautiful name. I've been considering Serafina nn Sadie, which doesn't seem too much of a stretch. Any other suggestions?
    I love Isadora!! I would go with her!!

Sandria
    Alessandra
    Cassandra
    Sadine
    Mercedes
    Susannah
    Sabrina

I can't think of many and one the list above I'm only totally into Alessandra, Cassandra, and Susannah.

I'd go with Isadora it's so lush.

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Can't you use it for Isabeau? You will need to choose between Isabeau and Isadora at some point, and because of Pandora, it seems like Isadora will fall off your list.

Suggestions:
    Apsara
    Cassandra
    Corisande
    Elysande
    Lysandra
    Melisande
    Odessa
    Rosalind
    Saraide
    This is a beautiful list and I love Melisande, Cassandra & Lysandra

rollo
    Psalm 23

Ottilie: Hmm, yes, I suppose Sadie could work for Isabeau. I'm hoping to have one daughter, and I'm fairly certain it's going to come down to a battle of the Ora names, although we'll be trying for 3-4 children, so I could end up with lots of girls. Corisande and Lysandra are names I'll have to think about. I love them both, but never really considered them for the list. They've always been on the writing list. Melisande is a favorite, but SO's longest relationship (ended very badly) was with a Mel, so he's not fond of Mel names. As always, thanks for the beautiful suggestions.

Tori: We love Isadora, too. Pandora and Thora are closer to my heart, but Isadora is a serious contender, and when I toss in that adorable Sadie nickname, she really makes Thora and Pandora fight for the top spot. Sadine is interesting, I'm not familiar with it. I'll have to look it up and see what comes up. Cassandra is great, always loved everything about her, but I think the battle with the Cas/si nickname is one I'd lose. I'm hoping to have a Caspian nn Cas, so Cassandra is out. Thanks for the suggestions!

Rollo: I love all three of those as well. Lysandra especially is going in the pile of names to think over.
    Artemis Willow ☀ Cordelia Avalon ☀ Isabeau Forest ☀ Isadora Nightingale ☀ Lorelei Ondine ☀ Lyra Snow ☀ Pandora Everild ☀ Tabitha Eilonwy ☀ Thisbe Wildrose ☀ Thora Silmarien
    Caspian Wilder ☀ Conrad Elessar ☀ Damian Sparrow ☀ Desmond Thorn ☀ Evander Hart ☀ Everett Ward ☀ Gwydion Alaric ☀ Malachi Bjorn ☀ Peregrine Llyr ☀ Theodore Winter

writing a novel and preparing for the baby making
    our two furbabies: Sebastian & Oleander