Names Searched Right Now:

Threaded View

Grandma's name sounds like sliced veggies

This may never be a real-life dilemma for us, but here goes. If we ever have another daughter, I would like to honor my grandma Julienne by using her name as a middle (which everyone pronounces "Ju-leen"; she is a twin to sister Jeanine and they are of the rhyming twin names era). She's an awesome, fun lady and I am lucky to have her in my life. We almost named our 6-year-old Elise Julienne, but chickened out in favor of Elise Marie (I've always loved Marie, but it honors nobody I know).

The combo I'm into at the moment is Audrey Julienne.

I'm not a big fan of changing the spelling (Juline, etc.), since I do want to honor her and am afraid she'd be a little sad at the implication that anything is "wrong" with her name. But I have to admit I am a little apprehensive of Julienne as a middle, since people might say, "like the way you cut up potatoes/carrots/veggies into strips?" when they see the birth announcement or her name in writing elsewhere.

I also like Audrey Julia, but it wouldn't be nearly as meaningful, in my opinion.

Can someone please talk me into Audrey Julienne? Or, as applicable, please tell me it's a bad idea?

Thanks.
    Mom to James Daniel (9), William Joseph (8), Elise Marie (7), and Zachary Allan (baby)
    http://letterstoauntkay.blogspot.com/

Current faves:
    Audrey Kay, Lucy Caroline, Linnea Julia, Amy Catherine, Adele, Georgia, Kate, Clara, Lindy
    Thomas Orin, Charles, Andrew, Arthur, Samuel, George, Raymond

DH's "approved" list:
    Lucy, Kate/Katie/Katherine, Audrey
    Thomas ("maybe")