Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Thank you for your opinions. I was thinking more of the hybrid of the two pronunciations. I thought it could possibly be a real name. Not trying to sound pretentious at all. I was thinking the beginning of the french and middle and end of the more common pronunciation. So it'd be Jhon-uh-veev or Génevieve. I really like this one and would be willing to correct people. This is the only name my fiance has said is perfect. However, when we thought of it more we were unfortunately reminded of my cousin Jen so we say the beginning the french way. I'm thinking Génevieve...
    Thank you personphone90, I like Gwenevieve, I'll keep it in mind

I have to agree that mashing the two pronunciations together would lead to problems. I have a little Genevieve, and no one has ever called her Gen. Sometimes people ask me if we call her Gen or Genny, and I just say no. She is either Genevieve or Vivi. Never Gen or Genny.

Genevieve is a gorgeous name that I think would be rendered less gorgeous by changing the pronunciation to be a mash-up between French and English.
    Mom to Alexander Patrick (10), Madelyn Esther (8), Genevieve Susan (3), and Theodore James (stillborn at 37 weeks on February 3, 2014). Expecting #5 in May 2015.

Boys: Everett, Sebastian, Augustus, Samuel, Abraham, Elias, Julian, Silas, Nicholas, Desmond, Jasper, Ezekiel
    Girls: Bridget, Felicity, Elizabeth, Leona, Ophelia, Caroline, Aurelia, Elysia, Callista, Miriam, Isabelle, Delilah

Vote on my long list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9844996

I agree Genevieve is a gorgeous name

Okay so I'm back to loving Genevieve in the common form. I've loved this name forever and am over thinking too much.