Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Theodore. It truly is the perfect name for me. It honors my mother in an indirect way (She is Dorothy, called Dor). It is the name of my favorite president, Theodore Roosevelt, and as a history lover it is important that names have a historical connection. It is the name of one of my favorite characters from my favorite book, Theodore Laurence from Little Women. As an avid reader and book-a-holic, I love a name with a literary reference (and Laurie is the only one either, just my favorite). It also has multiple nickname options - Teddy, Ted, Theo - and as a lover of nicknames and versatile names, this is good. Also, Tedy Bruschi is my all time favorite NFL player (I am an avid New England Patriots fan), so the fact that Teddy is a nickname for Theodore adds to that.

I think all these things are very personal, but even without them, Theodore is a name with historical and literary connection, strong, solid, multiple nicknames, so flexible and will grow from baby to child to adult easily. Teddy can be a cute little boy or a sports star, Ted can be a politician or business man, Theo can be an eclectic artist or writer, and Theodore can be a Supreme Court Justice.
    Ladies
    Avery Catherine Lucille ~ Caroline Frances Emilia ~ Clarity Jessamine Leigh ~ Josephine Louisa Danielle ~ Rosemary Margaret Luna ~ Tessa Hermione Jayne

&
    Gentlemen
    Desmond William Beau ~ Elijah Laurence Rhys ~ Ezra Benjamin Rene ~ Logan Christopher Knightley ~ Theodore David Henry ~ Whitney Samuel John

Wishing to be pregnant... but having to be responsible and wait for now :P

Love the passion for all these charming names! Thank you so much for sharing!

I have a few that I really, really love, but for a real-live son, I think I'd have to go with Theodore or Hugo. To me they are so classic and strong, but underused and uncommon.
    I'm 19 with a furbaby named Frederick

* Beatrix * Clementine * Penelope * Cecilia * Margo *

* Theodore * Hugo * Caspian * Arthur * Lysander *

Caleb. No, Everett. No, Jack. No, Avery... le sigh. It's a shame I can't have a dozen kids because I could easily name twice that many! I'll go with Caleb--it's my long-standing favorite and I love everything about it. I would so love to have a Caleb, an Everett, a Jack, and an Avery, though!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Caleb. No, Everett. No, Jack. No, Avery... le sigh. It's a shame I can't have a dozen kids because I could easily name twice that many! I'll go with Caleb--it's my long-standing favorite and I love everything about it. I would so love to have a Caleb, an Everett, a Jack, and an Avery, though!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George