Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Love love love Ulyssses! We plan to use this for a middle name if we have a boy.

I also really like Shepherd, but prefer the spelling Shepard. Love nickname Shep, too.

I like Luther but it seems serious and studious to me.

What about Crusoe? We like this one for its adventurer spirit, and it has great nicknames, Crew, Cruz. It doesn't pair well with our last name, unfortunately.
    Proud mama of Henry Atlas, born in July 2012
    Expecting a little lady this summer!

Currently loving...
    Girls: Lila Poet, Catherine Indiana, Gemma Scout, Juliet Liberty, Ramona Holiday, Louisa Merit, Lucy Hero, Phoebe Sunday, Margot Phoebe
    For boys: Julian Sayer, Jasper Locke, Pierre Otis, Pascal Odin, Peter Crusoe, Thomas Wilder, Robin Ulysses

I love Harvey... I think it's a great name for all ages of his life, and it would fit whoever he decides to grow up and be. Kind of old, kind of nerdy, kind of tough, and kind of sweet (I think of Harvey the imaginary bunny from the movie Harvey). Not to mention, I think August Harvey has a nice ring to it.

Good luck!

@mimiottawa - Thanks for your suggestions! Bernard is handsome, and you reminded me I also like Orson a little... the other names don't strike my fancy, but I appreciate the input

@pemdas - OTT means Over The Top, which is basically what you're describing! Thanks though... to each their own, I suppose!

@ruolan - Willoughby is on the right track, I just don't love it I think it's the Will- part... my dad is the William and I in no way want him to think he's being honored, as rude as that might sound. Rigby makes me think of the Beatles' song 'Eleanor Rigby'. I think Ludo is adorable though! Never thought of the Flo Rida song associated with Whistler, I think that will pass though. That song is already practically unplayed. I like it because of the artist's name, but it's definitely more a middle option than first.

@ottilie - Wow, thank you for the list! These caught my eye: Arlo, Bowen, Bertram (love! especially with Bram as a NN), Cosmo, Ferdinand, Leander, Maxim (but I worry about the magazine connection), Roland, and Stellan. Apparently I'm extremely picky, but I so appreciate you taking the time! It's funny you suggested Lester... the reason I chose Luther was as a subtle nod to SO's grandfather Lester and my grandmother Judith sort of as a combo name. IDK if that makes sense to anyone else, but it makes sense to me, haha!

@mariemama - I love your style... I have been drooling over Henry Atlas for months! Also your signature reminded me that I kind of like Otis. I just am afraid he would hate me for naming him that! Luther is sort of serious, but I like that about it Crusoe has a nice sound, there's just something it reminds me of that I can't put my finger on. I think it sort of looks like the word 'cruel' and that might be the problem? I don't know, I'm an odd one I guess.

@chagger - Yay, a vote of confidence for Harvey! I think Harvey is ready to come back for sure. Thanks
    "I have found the one whom my soul loves"
    k ♥ m

Leona · Vivian · Florence · Beatrix · Zelda
    August · Barnaby · Roland · Whitney · Atlas

I can see Clement as a brother to August and Barnaby. I'm quite fond of it; I love the meaning, and I feel like it's got a lot of that "strong and gentle" feeling I get from your other two. I don't see it as cement at all.

Winston's good too! I don't mind Harvey at all, especially as a middle. Goes nicely with Henry. Dexter's fine but doesn't give me the same feeling as August, Barnaby, Clement, and Winston.

Luther doesn't quite work for me with that surname, I'm afraid, and Ulysses is borderline OTT in my book even though it has a good vibe. I'm not sure that it's inherently any wilder than Barnaby or Clement, but that's the impression I get. I'm not particularly in favor of any of the rest.

Arthur comes to mind, and I love previous suggestions of Bertram, Benedict, and Edmund.

Agatha | Apollonia | Cornelia | Guinevere | Henrietta | Josephine | Lavinia | Minerva | Parthenia | Thomasina | Winifred

V i n t a g e | C h a r m

Archibald | Augustus | Barnabas | Bartholomew | Cornelius | Ebenezer | Hezekiah | Ignatius | Leonidas | Sylvester | Tiberius