Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I had a college professor who was a Gladys and she was an amazing woman. I feel like if you enjoy the name and it had meaning to you and your family then do it. People will learn to love the name through your child.
    Sylvia Thomas (Sylvie) ~ Josephine May (Josie) ~ ???? Dec 2013

Names ending in "us" are in for boys so Gladys might benefit from that trend. I think it's usable with all the crusty grandparent names given to babies and it's just as nice as Walter, Agnes, Theodore, and Edith.
    若兰

I'm just a third-culture girl with an affinity for names.

In loving memory of Margot

I kind of like it - I think it has a pretty sound - but I think it's a little too old-fashioned to use. Plus, I see G-Lady-S when I look at it written down which isn't that appealing to me. I don't know. I'm kind of lukewarm on this name. I think if I met an adorable little girl named Gladys, I would grow to love it.

I had a conversation with my family about Gladys the other day. I think it's ADORABLE... they all (including my 87 year-old grandparents) disagreed. My grampa said he went to grade school with a Gladys and they called her "happy bottom" (not to her face, but still).
    I've decided I'm going to name my (future) cat Gladys. It's so sweet, in my opinion, but I do realize I'm in the minority.
    Lucia
    travel. teach. learn.
    20-something, name aficionada
    Sela Ivy, Vivian Lilac and Bastian Ivor "Baz", Fletcher Gideon

Blech...Gladys is just so dated and the 'gl' sound is half of the word 'ugly'.