Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    It's not for me, but I think it has a bit of nerdy-crusty-hipstery charm like Myrtle or Hazel or Prudence or Agnes or Ethel...somehow all of these feel more popular than Gladys. I say use Gladys. Maybe you'll start her comeback!

I suppose I don't like Gladys because it's "old," though I try to keep an open mind. I've had this conversation with myself before, and I can't really think of any other reason to dislike it! It has the word "glad" in it, and I like other -ys-ending names and Welsh names in general. Right now it would probably be best in the middle, although if you name a baby Gladys in the next year or two, by the time she's a teenager the name might be cool again.
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

My Mom has a dear friend named Gladys and they call her Gigi. I think Gigi as a nn is absolutely adorable!

If you love it and it has a wonderful family meaning for you, I say go for it! (even if you use it for a mn it sounds glamourous to me)

I think Gladys is one of those ones that should just be forever retired....and this is coming from someone who wants Agatha, Drusilla, Lavinia, Dinah and Augusta to make comebacks.

I'd keep it as a middle name because it has meaning to you, but I really don't think this one would go over very well :/ (That being said, the names I want to comeback likely won't go over well either...)
    Last edited by lawsonhaley; October 15th, 2013 at 09:58 PM.

Florence, Edith, Doris, Alice, Elsie, Lillian, Violet, Mabel, Ada, Evelyn
    Eva, Edna, Minnie, Martha, Amelia, Phoebe, Sylvia, Hazel, Agatha, Beatrice

Matthew, Ernest, Louis, Christopher, Andrew, Albert, George, Joshua, James, Harry
    Freddie, Henry, Adam, Teddy, Daniel, Percy, Mark, Walter, Stanley, Liam

when you've been fighting for it all your life, you've been struggling every day and night,
    it's how a superhero learns to fly

I have a heart for Gladys Maybe a middle name like Avianna Gladys
    Butter ball or pumpkin due November 2014

Married my best friend 05-11-13
    Riley Bean went to be the Lord Summer of 2013...almost 2 months