Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Names of the Children in the Royal Family

I thought I would share this any case any other name nerds found it as interesting as I do It is a list of the full names of the children under age 10 who are in succession to the British throne. Basically it is the extended Royal Family, all the youngest descendants of King George V.

There are some really interesting and unexpected choices on the list:

George Alexander Louis of Cambridge (3 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Charles)

James Alexander Philip Theo Mountbatten-Windsor (9 in line) (Grandchild of Queen Elizabeth)

Louise Alice Elizabeth Mary Mountbatten-Windsor (10 in line) (Grandchild of Queen Elizabeth)

Savannah Anne Kathleen Phillips (13 in line) (Grandchild of Princess Anne)

Isla Elizabeth Phillips (14 in line) (Grandchild of Princess Anne)

Cosima Rose Alexandra Windsor (25 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)

Xan Richard Anders Windsor (24 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)

Senna Kowhai Lewis (28 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)

Tane Mahuta Lewis (27 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)

Lyla Beatrix Christabel Gilman (31in line) (Grandchild of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)

Rufus Gilman (30 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Richard, Duke of Gloucester)

Eloise Olivia Katherine Taylor (37 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent)

Estella Olga Elizabeth Taylor (38 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Edward, Duke of Kent)

Maud Elizabeth Daphne Marina Windsor (40 in line) (Grandchild of Prince Michael of Kent)

Tallulah Grace Lascelles (60 in line) (Grandchild of George Lascelles, Earl of Harewood)

Eloise and Estella also have two brothers named Cassius and Columbus.

The Lewis girls Senna and Tane are half Maori so that may account for their unusual names. Their father is from New Zealand (the first Maori to marry into the British Royal Family. The times they are a changin' ).

Xan was given a short form of his father's name. His father is Alexander, the Earl of Ulster.

Savannah and Isla's mother is Canadian commoner named Autumn so that may be the reason why they received more trendy names.

Thanks for putting all of these names together!
    All the best,
    Mischa.

I love Viscount Severn's name; all of his names are beautiful and go so well together. Cosima Windsor's name is also swoonable.

The remaining children (under eighteen):
    17# The Hon. Charles Patrick Inigo Armstrong-Jones; son of Viscount and Viscountess Linley; grandson of Princess Margaret
    18# The Hon. Margarita Elizabeth Rose Alleyne Armstrong-Jones; daughter of Viscount and Viscountess Linley; granddaughter of Princess Margaret
    20# Master Samuel David Benedict Chatto; eldest son of Lady Sarah Chatto and Daniel Chatto; grandson of Princess Margaret
    21# Master Arthur Robert Nathaniel Chatto; younger son of Lady Sarah Chatto and Daniel Chatto; grandson of Princess Margaret
    34# Master Albert Louis Philip Edward Windsor; eldest son of Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor; grandson of the Duke and Duchess of Kent
    35# Master Leopold Ernest Augustus Guelph Windsor; younger son of Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor; grandson of the Duke and Duchess of Kent
    38# Master Cassius Edward Taylor; younger son of Lady Helen Taylor and Timothy Taylor; grandson of the Duke and Duchess of Kent
    45# Alexander Charles Ogilvy; son of James and Julia Ogilvy; grandson of Princess Alexandra of Kent
    Last edited by shvibziks; October 15th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
    Zelia/Elja • Nineteen • Name and history nerd from an early age • I have a blog.
    Trying hard to export beautiful old Danish names, magical Danish nature names and exotic Greenlandic names.
    Current favourite combinations: Henry Ásgeirr Edmund • Amaury Charles Fyodor • Alexander Adelin Lórien
    Cosima Ingrid Zenobia • Matilda Ivalo Galadriel • Gaia Margaret Undómiel

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Eloise and Estella also have two brothers named Cassius and Columbus.

The Lewis girls Senna and Tane are half Maori so that may account for their unusual names. Their father is from New Zealand (the first Maori to marry into the British Royal Family. The times they are a changin' ).

Xan was given a short form of his father's name. His father is Alexander, the Earl of Ulster.

Savannah and Isla's mother is Canadian commoner named Autumn so that may be the reason why they received more trendy names.

Thanks for putting all of these names together!
    Thanks for that mischa! Those were exactly the ones I was puzzling over.
    Livy/Lucy : Geneva/Gwen : Coralie/Alice : Noelle/Eve
    Eli/Bennett : Jude/Zane: Luke/Leo : Levi/Phineas

I love Senna, Isla and Eloise. And I love baby George's name so much.

I remember when William and Catherine were still expecting and everyone was trying to guess what the baby's name would be. I always thought his first name would be George (simply because it sounded like what Will and Kate would choose) and that they would use some combination of Will's and/or his father's names or the name Spencer to honor Princess Di andI was berated by this woman who insisted that "people ignorant of royal customs" have no business trying to guess the name because they are embarrassing those who actually know what they're talking about. She insisted that a modern royal family COULD --not would, but could-- never name their child George because historically members of the royal family named "George" were terrible rulers. The Queen would never allow them to use any of those names, and I should educate myself before "spewing nonsense" across the internet.

I'd love to see how she felt when the kid's name was GEORGE ALEXANDER LOUIS.

That being said, is there some sort of abstract rule among the royal family that would prohibit certain names from being used? I know that the queen has to approve and that the name can't be too connected to a current member of the family (like they wouldn't have been able to use Charles or Henry) ...and I'm sure none of them would be dense enough to try and slap something ridiculous like Dweezil or Pilot Inspektor on a kid...but I don't see why they wouldn't have been able to use George.
    Last edited by sarahmezz; October 16th, 2013 at 02:07 AM.