Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Brother for Leo

Brother for Leo

"Leo" was a no-brainer for our son-- timeless and yet fresh, cross-cultural, strong, simple and beautiful sounding--and it suits him perfectly. But we are having such a hard time naming our new boy (due in few months) since no other name seems to compare for
    us!

Our short list now includes Owen, Milan (ME-lan, Slavic name meaning "gracious and loving") and Raphael (Rafa)...but each feels "flawed" in a small way (too mainstream, too much like the Italian city, too matchy with Leo aka Ninja Turtles/Italian Renaissance artists? ha!) Although I do love these names. Perhaps it is necessary to accept a degree of imperfection? I am seeking any advice on these names or any others that come to mind! Many thanks!

Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry! I love the spunky Leo. My fave from your shortlist is Raphael (it's too wonderful to worry about Ninja Turtles ) Here are some other suggestions.

Felix
    Tobias
    Oscar
    Silas
    Maxwell
    August
    Cyrus
    Tristan
    Jasper
    Edmund
    Dominic
    Vincent
    Cassius
    Pascal
    Xavier
    Gabriel
    Marcus
    Humphrey
    Frederick
    Arthur
    Isaac
    Henry
    Julian
    Miles
    Reuben
    Asher
    Barnaby
    Jude
    Timothy
    Peter
    Lucian
    Gregory
    Sebastian
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Some wonderful suggestions, thank you so much for the response. Tristan, Miles, Jude and Sebastian have all come up in our name discussions. I appreciate hearing that about "Raphael/Rafael" (not sure which spelling I prefer) as well!! I love it so much, I just fear that it sounds silly with Leo, especially given that we are not Italian or Latin (I'm Irish/bunch of other things, husband is very Polish)

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    Congrats on your pregnancy and welcome to Nameberry! I love the spunky Leo. My fave from your shortlist is Raphael (it's too wonderful to worry about Ninja Turtles ) Here are some other suggestions.

Felix
    Tobias
    Oscar
    Silas
    Maxwell
    August
    Cyrus
    Tristan
    Jasper
    Edmund
    Dominic
    Vincent
    Cassius
    Pascal
    Xavier
    Gabriel
    Marcus
    Humphrey
    Frederick
    Arthur
    Isaac
    Henry
    Julian
    Miles
    Reuben
    Asher
    Barnaby
    Jude
    Timothy
    Peter
    Lucian
    Gregory
    Sebastian

I'm glad you liked some of my suggestions. Since your husband is Polish, have you considered Casimir? Leo and Casimir look and sound quite nice together.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by mischa View Post
    I'm glad you liked some of my suggestions. Since your husband is Polish, have you considered Casimir? Leo and Casimir look and sound quite nice together.
    Yes, Casimir is awesome! I've already tried but the Polish husband hates it, ironically Though I suppose we both tend to favor names with more vowel sounds. I am feeling Rafael pretty strongly with the nickname Rafa, but still just worried that it sounds funny to have a Leo and a Rafael. Still have a soft spot for Milan, too. Owen is slipping lower on the list especially as I ran into two little Owens yesterday and it would seem a strange choice to the dominant Polish side of the family, though it's a nice name. Would you say that other names ending in "o" should be ruled out? Our last name also ends with an "o" so I have been thinking it'd be overboard. We are considering some form of Lawrence as as middle name to try to include a family name from my side, how does that sound? Many many thanks