Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is Rufus trendy?

Hi Berries,
    I'm going through and cleaning up my boys list. I was wondering if Rufus is trendy or not? I'm not a fan of trendy anything so I just wanted some opinions. I love the name Rufus and names with that similar feel like Henry, Arthur, and Atlas. They all give me the same feel. Can you think of any names with that feel? Unfortunately I can never use Henry or Arthur. Henry has been my favorite boy name forever! My fiance has a dog named Henry. I was devastated when I met that big lug named Henry
    Thanks!
    Last edited by lovelygenevieve; October 15th, 2013 at 12:37 PM.

Rufus is pretty trendy in the hipster circle. A girl I went to university with just named her little boy Rufus August. Anything that sounds "nerdy" or like like a little old man is very hipster trendy :-/

Oh okay. I love little old man names. Like Gus, Arthur, George, and Albert would be so cute for a two year old. So precious! Hopefully it'll go out of style soon

It's not trendy in the line of Aaliyah and Mckenzie, but it's definitely old man chic.

I have not met a young Rufus, and it's definitely more uncommon than the more popular "old man" names like Arthur, Henry, Oliver, etc. I think it's one step more unique than Felix, which is definitely gaining popularity.

So trendy? not really.
    Gaining in popularity and following a trend of other similar names? yes.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

Okay, thank you kala_way. I like Felix but not it's popularity. Along with Henry, Arthur, and Oliver. I'll keep Rufus on the list and try to find other alternatives if it gets too popular. Any ideas anyone?